The phantom blogger has returned...
Hello
Yes I am back, although I will make the point that I never really went away. I've been sat here on blogger, using the site as a way of reading and writing on the go, it's much easier than carrying around masses of folders and paper so I'm quite happy with that.
First off, I should say that the (Sort off) Novel I have been writing has been going quite well up until now. I've reached that part where im starting to wrap up the looses ends ready for the ending, and im a little bit sad to say that I've nearly finished. It has taken a lot of time and effort to get this far, from sitting up late some nights editing, to spending my lunch breaks at work on the staff computer frantically trying to get some more written. In fact, the point which im writing at the moment, has given me idea's of other stories and tales, all of which are set in my own fictional country, which really helps make my stories come alive. Obviously Ireland and Serbia feature quite heavily in the book im writing now (Which I still don't have a title for!) but I find it much more creative to have my own nation, which I can really bring to life in my work.
I have a night shift coming up tonight, one which is to get our stock into the summer phase change ready for another inspection next week. I know this means we have to start shifting sale around the floor to make space for all the new stuff coming in, which usually means shifting departments, dragging a heinous amount of counters about, and my favourite, the assembly of knock down kit to house the sale. I feel like knock down kit requires a special mention here. It is literally bits of metal you bolt together to build a counter. But the problem is half of it is probably older than me, and in varying stages of newness. Last time we assembled it, we had to use duct tape to hold some of the counters together, hardly perfect in company that boasts hundreds of millions pounds of profit each year. But I digress.
I've just ordered a new suit for our holiday. And some new shoes. The suit I have now is probably at least four years old, and starting to get a bit rough looking. Its done me well, I've been to weddings, job interviews, and all manner of posh do's. And by posh do's I mean the ones we have at work, where we dress up smart and have a fancy meal and dance afterwards. And what I really mean by that is we all turn up pissed, stuff our faces with food, get absolutely wrecked, dance all night, drink some more and then turn up to work the next day to routine embarrassment and humiliation over the nights event. The best sort of parties really. But where I have lost quite a bit of weight, my jacket is now huge, and my trousers are very nearly around my ankles. So I thought get two new suits for the holiday and for whatever else comes up, then I needn't have to worry for another five years. Job done.
Speaking of job done, My bedroom has finally been tidied, save for the massive pile of books, washing and footwear in one corner. It means that I can finally order in a new bed, and a bigger bed for that matter. Being in a single bed and about to turn 21 is no way to fully start my adult life. Plus, there is barely enough room on there for my hundred of pillows, my two quilts, a blanket and usually some books, let alone room for me! And for anyone else for that matter. Im not sure what my relationship with James has become. Every time it starts to form into something, it twists, and goes a completely different way. And I have no idea why. Yes there is a fair age gap between us, and we don't always get the references each other makes, but we have a laugh, and he seems to understand me. Im not sure, maybe it's me that is trying to push for something more solid.
Well there we go. I promise to start making this more of a routine thing, it feels good to be able to share my thoughts and broadcast them to the world, maybe in the vain hope I come into contact with my doppelgänger, who will be about 18 months older then me, and therefore will know what to do.
Well here's to hoping!!!
Yes I am back, although I will make the point that I never really went away. I've been sat here on blogger, using the site as a way of reading and writing on the go, it's much easier than carrying around masses of folders and paper so I'm quite happy with that.
First off, I should say that the (Sort off) Novel I have been writing has been going quite well up until now. I've reached that part where im starting to wrap up the looses ends ready for the ending, and im a little bit sad to say that I've nearly finished. It has taken a lot of time and effort to get this far, from sitting up late some nights editing, to spending my lunch breaks at work on the staff computer frantically trying to get some more written. In fact, the point which im writing at the moment, has given me idea's of other stories and tales, all of which are set in my own fictional country, which really helps make my stories come alive. Obviously Ireland and Serbia feature quite heavily in the book im writing now (Which I still don't have a title for!) but I find it much more creative to have my own nation, which I can really bring to life in my work.
I have a night shift coming up tonight, one which is to get our stock into the summer phase change ready for another inspection next week. I know this means we have to start shifting sale around the floor to make space for all the new stuff coming in, which usually means shifting departments, dragging a heinous amount of counters about, and my favourite, the assembly of knock down kit to house the sale. I feel like knock down kit requires a special mention here. It is literally bits of metal you bolt together to build a counter. But the problem is half of it is probably older than me, and in varying stages of newness. Last time we assembled it, we had to use duct tape to hold some of the counters together, hardly perfect in company that boasts hundreds of millions pounds of profit each year. But I digress.
I've just ordered a new suit for our holiday. And some new shoes. The suit I have now is probably at least four years old, and starting to get a bit rough looking. Its done me well, I've been to weddings, job interviews, and all manner of posh do's. And by posh do's I mean the ones we have at work, where we dress up smart and have a fancy meal and dance afterwards. And what I really mean by that is we all turn up pissed, stuff our faces with food, get absolutely wrecked, dance all night, drink some more and then turn up to work the next day to routine embarrassment and humiliation over the nights event. The best sort of parties really. But where I have lost quite a bit of weight, my jacket is now huge, and my trousers are very nearly around my ankles. So I thought get two new suits for the holiday and for whatever else comes up, then I needn't have to worry for another five years. Job done.
Speaking of job done, My bedroom has finally been tidied, save for the massive pile of books, washing and footwear in one corner. It means that I can finally order in a new bed, and a bigger bed for that matter. Being in a single bed and about to turn 21 is no way to fully start my adult life. Plus, there is barely enough room on there for my hundred of pillows, my two quilts, a blanket and usually some books, let alone room for me! And for anyone else for that matter. Im not sure what my relationship with James has become. Every time it starts to form into something, it twists, and goes a completely different way. And I have no idea why. Yes there is a fair age gap between us, and we don't always get the references each other makes, but we have a laugh, and he seems to understand me. Im not sure, maybe it's me that is trying to push for something more solid.
Well there we go. I promise to start making this more of a routine thing, it feels good to be able to share my thoughts and broadcast them to the world, maybe in the vain hope I come into contact with my doppelgänger, who will be about 18 months older then me, and therefore will know what to do.
Well here's to hoping!!!
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!