On my way

Well hello everyone.
It's been a while, and I have masses to update you with, but first, lets get a location check.
I am currently in a very swanky hotel near Heathrow, ready to start my greatest ever adventure. I have my mobile in one hand, a Starbucks in the other (I'm now balancing both on my head as I type...I know, aren't I amazing?) and I am stood at a computer, ready to tell the world about my adventure.

I don't even know where to begin. As you all know, I worked two full time jobs last year to save up the money for this. And now here I am, technically unemployed and homeless. My parents announced they were moving to a new house when I was organising storage for my stuff. They didn't use the words "downsized" or "no more room at the inn" but I read between the lines and took the hint. Hence why now my best friends spare bedroom is filled to the rafters with everything I own. And I mean everything. That's something to look forward to when I go home. Finding somewhere to live with no money and no foreseeable opportunities. But I will deal with that when I get to it.

But my adventure starts here, stood right at this very computer, phone and drink in hand. I'm going to be completely honest. I have no idea how on earth I got this far, and I have even less idea as to how I am going to go further. But it's good to throw yourself in the deep end. That way you can be sure you will have the most immersive experience. And immersive is good.

Our first stop is Berlin tomorrow. God I can't wait. I have been to Germany a couple of times before, and every time I have loved it. My route from then on is a bit more...how can I put this...unknown. I have my backpack, and myself. And that's how I'm going to go around the whole of Europe. The plan is to head to Warsaw after Berlin, then onto Krakow, where I will meet up with my amazing boyfriend, who bless him, is coming out to see me. I'm so glad he is, when I said goodbye to him earlier at the station this week, we both broke down in tears. Then, to make matters worse, he couldn't get through the barrier, so we ended up making a second goodbye, which was much more painful than the first. But it's okay now. I'm seeing him in two weeks time, so I know I'm onto a good thing.

Berlin. Oh how much I have heard about Europe's Capital, as I once heard it described as. There is going to be so much to see and do, I have no idea how I will be able to cram it all in just a week! But rest assured, I'll be posting semi regular updates. I promise to try and keep everyone as updated as possible.

I have a hundred hairbands, a waterproof rucksack, and a comfortable pair of boots. Let the adventure begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino