St Andrews

St Andrews is a coastal and university town in Scotland. Its got a long history, and also a lot to do. Beaches, castles, cathedrals and ice cream, you'll find something for everyone here.


Me and James were stood at the top of the castle, looking down over the beach and out to see, which was beautiful. One of the guys on the beach was holding a bottle of prosecco, and waved to me, so I waved back. The guy then walked off round the beach, and I stayed at the top, looking out over the sea. James then came over a minute later, slightly mortified,and said that the young guy with the prosecco had literally gone behind the castle wall, unzipped his trousers flashed his ding don and had a long pee against the castle wall, perhaps unaware that there was half a dozen people above him and seeing everything. As he came back round, he waved again to me, and without thinking, I shouted down to him "No wonder you needed a pee, drinking all that prosecco"
He shouted "F**k off" back, and I stepped back from the edge, to find James in a fit of giggles. I don't normally say things like that in public to people, but for some reason my brain did not stop my mouth from opening! I was mortified, and I think the guys girlfriend was as well!

 The view from the castle over the shore and at the ruined cathedral opposite. It was a beautiful day, so beautiful in fact, that we got a little bit sun burnt!




 These pictures are all from inside the cathedral, and the view from the top of the square tower was great. The walk up, not so much. You get squeezed through a very small turnstile (that even I had trouble fitting into) and up some very narrow and rickety steps.
                                          And there's always time for a little duck feeding!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino