Ciao Milano! Part Uno

 February came, and it was decided we needed to go away for a quick post Christmas break, to recharge our batteries and see somewhere new. I'd seen picture of Milan's cathedral online, and I just knew I had to go and see it!

We landed in Milan in the evening, and decided to head straight for the Piazzo Del Duomo, and in the dark skies, the cathedral literally seemed to shine! The Italian's really know how to do good mood lighting! I think it also helped that the sky was just so dark, it was literally pitch black.


We'd arrived quite late, so we grabbed ourselves a beautiful dinner in the Gallera Vittorio Emanuele 2nd shopping arcade. Its a stunning building, with a soaring roof and decorated with lovely classical style artwork, which makes shopping in the fancy boutiques there, well, even fancier!




Gotta love any sort of pudding that comes with Oreo's!

We then had a wander through Milan, trying to orient ourselves but actually just because we wanted to see more of it wonderfully lit up.

Even though its only our first night there, I know already I have fallen in love with Milan, I can't wait to see what there is to do here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino