August 2021 - Worsening back problems
August was a slower month. I was doing less because my back was flaring up, and was affecting my mobility. The GP increased the amount of painkillers again to make doing things like working bearable, but I was struggling to walk to work anymore, so I was now catching the bus, which took just as long as walking as it does a trip around the city before getting near work. The Musculoskeletal team had also booked me in for an MRI in September to see what was going on in my spine. I also had a couple of days feeling unwell due to my second Covid vaccination, but it had to be better than actually having Covid.
I had a clear out of the cupboard, and decided to use up all the half used bags of dried fruits, soak it in brandy and box it up ready to be baked into a Christmas cake closer to the time. I used used plentiful cinnamon, allspice & nutmeg. The kitchen smelt amazing, but it was frustrating to know there was several months before I'd be able to eat any of it!
Back in Salisbury for a Civil Partnership, my friend Becky & Tim were tying the knot. They'd been together for a few years now, and had my God-daughter Violet in that time. It was a small but so beautiful ceremony, and it was lovely to be able to see everyone again. It made me realise how much I'd missed events like this, where everyone comes together for a wonderful event.
The square waves at Calshot were back, and it was nice to stand in the cooler water for a bit. I'd been taking it easy for a few weeks now, so that I wouldnt have anytime off sick from work. I just can't do it, I've got to be seriously ill to have any time off. In my nine years so far with the company, I'd only been off for two days sick. Once because of a reaction to the mould growing in the house where I used to live, and the other due to food posioning. I would not let this spinal issue stop me doing the things I wanted to do, although for the time being, I would let it slow me down a little bit.



Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!