June 2022 - Wine and the great lego pyramid

 June was a strange month, the heat was really getting to me, I felt like energy wise, I was grinding to a halt. Work was also quite quiet, there wasn't an awful lot going on for a change, which meant I was catching up on all the odd little bits and bobs that I had been neglecting recently. Which I think then made me feel like I hadn't achieved much. But anyway, I didn't do much outside of work either to be fair. It had been my birthday, which always makes me feel glum. Nothing like a yearly reminder that you are getting older and closer to croaking it I guess!

James had brought me a lego version of the Great Pyramid at Giza, which took me hours upon hours to make, with several mistakes that required rectifying. Possibly made worse by the very nice bottle of wine I drank while doing it. It's my birthday, I'm not sharing any of it!
We also had a wander around the Christchurch food festival as well. There were quite a few stalls with food, crafts and arts dotted about, down the high street and by the waterfront too. It was completely free and there was lots to see and do, but after an hour or so, I wasn't feeling too great. We ended up grabbing a slush puppy and heading back to the train station to come home. I think it was heatstroke or something like that, it had been mega hot for a while, and I'd been in the garden in the morning also. It was a shame, but we will be heading back next year! Do enjoy this picture of Christchurch Priory I took just as I felt like I was going to keel over!
I spent the rest of the day on the bed in front of the little portable air conditioner we have. I drank lots of fluids, ate some salty crackers, and by the next morning I was back to normal. Take heed everyone, look after yourselves in the sun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino