New friends?

Hello.

Well things appear to be on the up. I've been chatting to this guy for a couple of days now. He is funny, cheeky and looks pretty good. And he is a kinky devil, so we are covered on all fronts! I'm hoping to eventually meet him in the flesh. Watch out for this space!

Sunday saw the annual Christmas party. Oh what a party. Monday was a hellish day for us all, everywhere I looked there was hangover's. Mine was pretty bad, but I pulled myself together after a couple of hours of moping and got on with it. The booze flowed, and I mean in and out. I wasn't sick, but a lot of people were, no names being mentioned (You know who you are!) Me and Kim managed to smuggle alcohol in through the airport style security, and consequently I ended up drinking vodka with rose wine. It tasted surprisingly good, and went down far too easily. That coupled with the wine at home and the prosecco at Kims, meant I was on the dance floor, trying to do something which I didn't quite understand, holding a microphone that didn't work, and then having Uptown funk blasted at me and being told to dance. It was a bit crazy as you might imagine. But I bloody enjoyed it. Mum was there, she got a bit pissed, tucked her long dress into the tops of her tights and danced like Angela Rippon, flashing legs and high kicks while the DJ played Frank Sinatra. She struggled to walk the next morning.

I ended up getting everyone on my table inadvertantly pissed by my inability to guess a measure of vodka. It went well from there! I bloody enjoyed myself, although I paid the price for it the next morning. Hurrah for good work do's!

The only part I didn't enjoy was being knocked into a pillar, when a certain someone had drunk too much and told me they loved me. He then tried to kiss my neck, I'm pretty sure he tried to grope me, then sort of lost his balance, fell onto me and bashed me into one of the pillars. I got a half fumbled apology this morning. Needless to say, I was not impressed -_-

My work is going quite well, nowhere near finished, but getting there. I didn't think much of it when I started, but it's grown on me as I've progressed. It's not publishable in it's current form, but with lots of work it could be something quite special. Damn not knowing Arabic or Portuguese though. Google translate can be really funny sometimes. I wish I could understand and write and talk in most languages, it would be so much easier, and it would be so helpful to be able to actually help customers at work who don't speak English, rather than just sort of fobbing them off and trying your best.

My Slovene language pack should have arrived today, another step close to travelling and living in Slovenia. I'm getting really excited now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino