The Sweats

Good morning all.

It's 6:45am, and I am drenched in sweat from walking to work. Now although I tend to lollop like a rabbit, rather than a normal human walk, It is a fast lollop. And unlike the pompous hare, I tend to keep the speed up, as I'm always concerned some hilariously ridiculous incident may ocour along the way which might delay me. (Although today so far been suspiciously free of hilariously ridiculous incidents, although the day is young)

It's been a tough week at work, we had a crazy night shift on Wednesday moving EVERYTHING about, including walls and massive bit's of kit and equipment. And it didn't help that was someone involved who interfers and does bugger all. Me and Kim then came in at seven am on Friday, to find that we were just a quater of the said person. We both hit the roof. I had done the night shift into my day off, and I had planned a lot, and bless her Kim had done 6am to 1, then come back in at 7 and worked until midnight. We were not happy, and the day went downhill from there. I nearly broke my finger trying to remove a piece of equipment that isn't supposed to be removed, because the twatty visual commercial manager decided the wall should be blank. Funnily enough I have a feeling they will want it put back up next week. I'm not doing it. My middle finger on my left hand bore the full brunt of the bar crushing it against the wall. There was a fair amount of blood, which I managed to get everywhere. My knuckle on my right hand has a nasty bruise where the bar hit it as it crushed my finger.

In all seriousness, it is dangerous working here. Every single day there is an incident or an injury related to dodgy equipment. As a first aider, I have seen more than my fair share of cuts from broken glass shelves, equipment falling on people, broken jagged metal frames, all sorts.

But let's move on with some better news. My book, while I don't like it and need to completely rewrite it, is coming along. It's the run up to Christmas, and the more liberal members of the family have gone to see Santiago perform at the club. One of the charectars, Raimunda, I'm really struggling with. I wanted her to be this voice of reason. A woman with her head screwed on, and knowing what she wants. But as I have progressed, she is becoming a self doubting, lost her confidence, and starting to unravel at the ends a bit. This is not what I wanted! But for some reason it just seems to have happened like it. Funny how things like that turn out.

I've just done the spell check, and I've only just realized I have been spelling equipment wrong my whole life! For some reason I thought it was spelt equiptment

Anyway I must dash, I need to get to the salesfloor to wheel out the hundreds of rails of stock out of the training room. Yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino