Birthdays and Night shifts

Well good evening/night/morning. (It's 2:30am, so pick what you fancy from that). I'm on another night shift, and felt that I should update you all on the excitement that is my life. Or lack of it could be said.
So primary job is going well. I had a meeting with the store manager who wants to expand my talents and help me move up the ladder by getting on the management training program. I guess it's a step in the right direction, but I'm really not feeling the idea of being stuck at that place forever. Although I certainly don't mind a manager's salary.
Secondary job is also going well. I'm gradually fitting in with the group more, and picking up the extra shift here and thee is certainly helping.

In other news, it's my birthday soon. I've ordered a cake, and have started trying to buy myself something nice.  I've organised a meal out for a few people, and this is where my problem arises. I've got mum, possibly dad, Connor, Biddy, Becky and James going. My problem is I don't quite know how everyone is going to react to James. I know for a fact he is not what they are all expecting, and I'm a little nervous as to how he responds to them.

I say it like there is something official going on. There isn't. But Becky and my mum know enough about it to know there is a bit of chemistry there, and that I like him. Just how it plays out, that's a mystery. And I must remember to warn everyone to be on their best behaviour. I don't want any drama, just a nice chilled evening with lots of food :D

And that brings me nicely onto my next point. I have a date on Wednesday. Okay I was thrilled to start of with, but now the idea has cooled a bit. He seems nice, a little...how do I put it...old before his time? Does that sound right? I'm still going to go, so we shall see just how it goes. Maybe in person he is a bit more on my wavelength.

And there was me saying I wasn't going to bother looking any more until I came back from travelling. Funny how you say things like that, and suddenly they seem to change. It's almost like someone heard me, and sounded the drums of dating, and all the men in the land have rushed towards me, desperate to claim me as their own.

Well we can live in hope. Maybe it's an out of tune drum or something...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino