From the Night to Nocturn

Hello.
Well it's been a rough week. Bloody hell am I glad I am off tomorrow.
The weekend at work was just horrendous, bloody customers having a go about anything they could possibly have a go at. It got to the point, that I was ready to start throwing them down the escalators. Fortunately for them, they stopped complaining.

The week was just busy in general, and I actually got very little done all week, something I'm a bit annoyed about. My book is really coming along, it's starting to wrap itself up, although other parts of it need a lot of work, the light is at the end of the tunnel. I've started to treat one of the characters with some contempt. She went from being a rather sassy but interesting individual, to being a down right rude and nasty person. It's not a change I intended, but I guess it shows character development, although just not in the way I intended.

The other thing I wanted to share was a conversation I overheard at the til at work in the week. My colleague shall remain nameless.
Colleague: (Calls forward next customer) Morning! (Notices cruise ship employee badge) Ooh do you work on the cruise ships?"
Customer: Yes.
Colleague: You're very tanned, have you just come back from somewhere hot?
Customer: No, I'm actually from the Philippines.
Colleague: (Notices customer is buying three pairs of shoes) And you're buying lots of shoes! Any more and you will be like Imelda Marcos!

I don't know how the conversation ended, because I suffered a massive cringe and then hysterical laughter. I don't think my colleague even realised what she had said. She is terrible for saying things like that, but she is the most loveliest women I had ever met. She even brought me a birthday cake for my birthday :D

Otherwise, there's not really much to say. I'm going to try and find another one of those blogging challenges I did at Christmas. I quite enjoyed that, and it would be good to do something to get the blog a bit more active again.

I shall bring you an interesting post next time I promise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino