Vinnitsya

Vinnitsya is another good little stop over, but there's not much to do there, bar the Roshen multimedia fountain.

As you have probably guessed by now (especially if you have read my posts from Yerevan) I love water fountains, I love water fountains that sing and dance. Although not as good as the fountains in Yerevan, which sort of form a benchmark for me when I visit places, the Roshen fountain in Vinnitsya is still worth a visit. There's a great atmosphere there, with people selling sweets and light up toys, and when it starts to get dark, thats when the show begins. Get there a little early and grab yourself a good seat.

                                                        Make sure you grab a snack too!





The other main sight of Vinnitsya is the Pirogov National Estate Museum. Now there is very little English translations there, although they do give you a little leaflet when you buy your ticket. Its a pretty little place, and if you walk from the city centre, which took a fair while, you get to spend some time in a lovely riverside park too.





Vinnitsya also has a great looking clocktower, which houses some sort of exhibition inside, but it was closed when I was there. And if you look closely along the main road in the centre, you will see a rather random yet utterly brilliant tribute to the Beatles, which I only spotted when I was catching the tram to the bus station to go to Zhytomyr!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino