Mykolaiv
Mykolaiv was not somewhere I had heard of, but a fellow traveller heading the other way through Ukraine had told me about it, so I figured I'd pay it a visit.
It's a nice little city, not much to do there, but worth spending a day. There's a charming little shipbuilding museum there. Very few English translations, but interesting none the less. There's also Soborna street, a pretty little road full of cafes and little Ukrainian shops, not far from the waterfront and parks.
These pictures were all taken in the shipbuilding museum. Not entirely sure what the last picture was about, but I just sort of rolled with it!
Not quite the Hollywood sign, but a much more interesting script!
Beware the giant Vulva in the park!
A beautiful shot of the riverside from the park!
Now most zoo's are the same to some degree. Cute and interesting animals. So if you've been to several zoo's recently, you could probably give it a miss. But I had the afternoon free, so I gave it a go. There were animals wondering about, most not really interested but the geese and ducks were nice to stand an watch them gong bout their business.
Gotta love animals you can pet too!
From Mykolaiv, I headed to Odessa. Sadly, my final stop in Ukraine :(
It's a nice little city, not much to do there, but worth spending a day. There's a charming little shipbuilding museum there. Very few English translations, but interesting none the less. There's also Soborna street, a pretty little road full of cafes and little Ukrainian shops, not far from the waterfront and parks.
These pictures were all taken in the shipbuilding museum. Not entirely sure what the last picture was about, but I just sort of rolled with it!
Not quite the Hollywood sign, but a much more interesting script!
Beware the giant Vulva in the park!
A beautiful shot of the riverside from the park!
Now most zoo's are the same to some degree. Cute and interesting animals. So if you've been to several zoo's recently, you could probably give it a miss. But I had the afternoon free, so I gave it a go. There were animals wondering about, most not really interested but the geese and ducks were nice to stand an watch them gong bout their business.
Gotta love animals you can pet too!
From Mykolaiv, I headed to Odessa. Sadly, my final stop in Ukraine :(












Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!