Timisoara
Timisoara is a charming city in the west of Romania. Its a well connected transport hub with both Romania and the rest of Europe. Several people I spoke to in hostels around Romania had recommended it to me, so I figured it would be worth a visit. While there's not masses of things that I wanted to do there, it was nice just to wander the streets without rushing or hurrying about.
The main thing to see is the Revolution memorial museum. Its a really interesting museum all about the fall of communism in Romania, as well as the removal of Ceausescu and his wife. It also had some interesting artwork there, and the guide that showed me around, Adena, was simply brilliant. Not only did she explain the exhibits, but she also took the time to give me a personal insight of what it was like living in Romania in the 80's. Make sure you find this painting too, it has a wonderful story behind it!
And also, apologies, I cant remember where it was, but there is an alleyway coming off the main square, and the end of the school of music is situated in the building next to it. You don't hear anything when you're not in the alleyway, but when you are, you can beautiful classical music being taught. Well worth standing there and listening in for a bit!
Here's some pictures from around Timisoara.
Next stop on my Romanian adventure: Sibiu







Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!