Romania Recap

 Romania is a must visit destination for travellers. Fusing a mix of old and new, modern and traditional, its a country opening up to the world and showing itself as a must visit place.

Comparatively, Romania is easy to get about, with a great bus/coach network, linking up all the major towns and cities. There is a rail network as well, but I didn't use it. 

There's a great selection of accommodation across Romania, Bicycle Hostel in Iasi and Hotel Costel in Timisoara were the two best I stayed in. Both were run by friendly and helpful staff, as well as having great amenities and were clean & spacious.

Language wise, there's a fair smattering of English about, but don't expect everyone to know it. Most Romanians I came into contact with where friendly and helpful. 

For me, the best things to do were the revolution museum in Timisoara, with its wide range of exhibits and displays, plus Adena, who gives the tours there, it gives you an incredible insight into Romania and the changes it has gone through. Also very great to visit is the Sibui outdoor ethnographic museum, full of traditional Romanian buildings.


Another amazing place to visit is Rasnov Citadel. If you've been to visit Castle Bran, make sure you stop and see the citadel. With people still living and working inside this charming complex, you really don't want to miss out at all.


And finally, my final pick is the roman mosaic at Constanta. Words can't describe the sight of the hue mosaic there, you have to see it for yourself.


Is there anything I would change about my trip to Romania? Probably not, but I probably would have skipped Bucharest, and visited the South of Romania more, but now I'm saving it for another trip!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino