September 2020 - More Duck Feeding!
Amazingly, the glorious weather continued into September, and we made good use of it by heading back to Whitchurch, to feed the ducks and do the large circular walk from the silk mill and around the countryside. I don't think there is anywhere in England where the ducks are more tame and friendly, these will eat out of your hands as well as running between your legs while loudly quacking!
We otherwise had a quiet month, spending more time at home and away from crowds of people. Cases and deaths from Covid were increasing, and september saw the launch of the Test & Trace app, and also an introduction of the rule of six, meaning no more than 6 people could meet at the same time. The news seemed to bring more pessimism each day, with constant stories about covid outbreaks, political infighting and what felt like the beginning of chaos in some areas of the country, particularly schools and universities where thousands of students were in isolation. It seemed that it had been a bad idea for the whole education system to return to normal at the same time.
We popped up to Basingstoke one day to pick up something James had won at an auction. I popped into Lush to treat myself to a new bath bomb, and got this one, which was fantastic, the colour, the smell, the fact my skin felt so soft afterwards.
September also brought news about my application for the Team Support Manager. I had been successful, but hadn't score highly enough to remain in my current store. However, I was instead offered an opening to a food store closer to home, which was only a 40 minute walk away. It was bittersweet, I was elated to have gotten the position, but was also saddened to find that I would be leaving such a supportive and likeable store. I would be starting in October, which was not a million miles away. Wish me luck!








Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!