Hi everyone! Just another note from me! I know two in consecutive posts, aren't you lucky! Just wanted to say another massive thank you, because yesterday the blog reached 15,000 views! I can't believe it, it's fantastic! Thank you all so much for reading and sharing my story, it means to much to me. And also thank you for your pertinence while the blog slowly catches up to the modern day, we will get there eventually!
December came, and we came out of a full lockdown, and into a tiered system which actually was quite confusing. The advice given didn't always make sense. But we continued to do our part and avoid people at all costs (Which I actually loved)
With the easing of the lockdown, we had the afternoon out at Nyman's. It's a fabulous National Trust property, with beautiful gardens and a stunning partially ruined house, which was damaged by fire in 1947. The house and gardens have this fantastic grandiose feeling to them, and everything had a fun twist, with Christmas decorations about the place.
Loved the ideas of the baubles in the trees and the ribbon like it's a present. Just need to find some big enough to go in the garden!
Part of the beautiful ruined house. It has this gorgeous just discovered feel about it.
A view over the gadrens.
The front of the house. It's quite an extensive property, and fully dog & child friendly. They do loads of events through the year, so worth keeping an eye out. Tickets start at £22 for an adult, so make sure you get your money's worth and do everything possible. And as always, if you're a member of NT, you get in for free.
December brought news that the first vaccines had arrived in the country, although we were told it would time to deploy and it was not a quick fix. The vaccination program came along with the news that 70,000 deaths from covid had been recorded in the UK. It's a figure that shocks everyone.
Work was horrendously busy, it was my first Christmas in the food hall, and the first week of December lulled me into a false sense of security that it was going to be ok. But then, all hell broke loose. It was like the panic buying had started again. People were just filling trolleys with anything, and the people I spoke to, said they were having everyone round on Christmas day, as we would be in a lockdown again from boxing day. I'd gone the other way, it would just be us at home for Christmas, and we made it clear to everyone in the family we wouldn't be meeting up. I think it ruffled some feathers, but it was for the best, and most seemed to understand. We dropped gifts off at doors, and stood back and wished each other happy Christmas, but that would have to do for now.
Thankfully, the walk to and from was lovely and peaceful through the park. Was nice to be alone for a bit!
This years cake decorations. I used a cookier cutter to make an outline, and then infilled with some little squirty tubes of icing I found at the back of the cupboard that were going out of date. I know it looks like a child made it, but it was good fun!
The water was so cold at Riverside that even the duckies didn't want to get in! And I didnt blame them!
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!