February 2021 - Part Two

 Still February remained cold, but otherwise dry which was nice. There was a different feeling in the air too, there was a sense that this third lockdown was going to be our last, what with the vaccine being rolled out, as well as plans being made for schools to reopen.

February brought me some holiday, which I spent some time at home resting. A backache had started up, painful enough for me to notice, but not painful enough to stop me from doing things. I assumed it was due to the fact I'd worked so many hours and so hard recently, and it was a sprain or something like that. My body was telling me to slow down, and I needed to listen to it. So much of my week off was spent relaxing and not doing much. So much so that Husky wanted to know why he didn't have all the bed to himself all day like he normally does. You can see him almost questioning me as to why I was home all the time!

We went back to Calshot beach a few days later, and James was telling me this was bits left over from World War two, and was where the Mulberry's were stored before going over to France. I loved the contrast of brick and concrete, and then spent some time trying to catch the perfect picture of the square waves coming in, but this was the best I could get.

I also finally got round to decorating the second Christmas cake I had made. I was struggling to roll it out because of my backache, so I got James to roll the marzipan and icing layers out and put them on the cake (Which he did better than I normally can) and I just did a simple star decoration on top with some leftover peel I found.
This was down at the river Hamble Pontoon, it was a grey, cloudy & cold day, but had a beautiful stillness to it. We had a nice, but short walk there, before the heavens opened and we had to make a quick dash to the car before we got washed away!
Back on Calshot beach, looking down at what we think is some sort of harbour master house or something like that, we werent sure. Imagine being in it as a storm rolls in, exhilarating but frightening as the waves and wind come at you!
We had a late valentines, at the end of February, James brought this beautiful smoked trout from the local farmers market. Was divine! 
Sharing some seed with the duckies at Riverside, plus with a couple of crows for extra interest! They don't normally get that close to you, they normally keep their distance and view you from afar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino