August 2023 Part Two - Husky Learns a New Skill

I think I was starting to get used to not working, but I seemed to be busier than I did while I was working full time! All the little thing's I'd been wanting to do, I could!
Here's me making my own chicken stock, boiling up the carcass with the veggies from a roast we had the day before. It was absolutely delicious, although it was a very labour intensive process. But once it was done it was brilliant for not just gravy, but made an incredible ramen & soup broth that made you want more and more of it! I did plan to freeze some of it for another time, but it seemed to all get used within 24 hours of me making it!
I made a trip back up to London to see my friend Shakira and her kids, we had a lovely day playing in the gardens and they were teaching me their very complex game involving their bikes, a bamboo cane and Nanny Mcphee. Yes, it didn't make any sense to me either! We then headed out to Bang Bang Oriental Foodhall in Colindale, where we had this incredible Teriyaki chicken and some additional Korean style spicy chicken on the side. There's loads of independant traders and vendors within the market, we got this from Yaki Ya!, but it's well worth having a little look around to see what takes your fancy! 
I was also enjoying my days at home, spending time on one of my favourites games, Cities Skylines. I love playing it, creating new districts, designs and urban planning. My only problem is I focus so much on one part, that I neglect the rest. I spent ages designing this UK styled retail park with a metro link, and then discovered in the meantime the garbage had piled up everywhere else and there was a severe shortages of hearses and bodies were piling up at homes across the city, whoops! Also, ignore the fact I'm minus 750,000 cells. I have the unlimited money cheat, otherwise I would go bust constantly! 
I also discovered on the mod's page that someone had recreated the actual Spaghetti Junction in Birmingham! It was confusing enough trying to connect up the roads and rail line, and more than once I seemed to get muddled and connected it to itself. How does anyone manage to drive on the real one and not get hopelessly lost?
We also had our oven deep cleaned and serviced, and all the silicone edging refitted. The oven is nearly as old as me, and I don't think it had ever been looked after quite like this! I really noticed the difference afterwards, it got hotter faster and held it temperature much better. Worth getting it done! 
I continued helping James with the huge amounts of incoming phone cards, and carried on sorting them into types, countries and then grouping them together. I did discover these questionable Greek ones, claiming Macedonia is Greek. I found it almost funny, it's yet another attempt to prevent the country of Macedonia from being able to continue it's path of development and integration. Greece has continually blocked & sought to prevent Macedonia from joining treaties, organisations & unions, which I find a rather humorous concept, especially considering these treaties, organisations & unions have continued to bail & help Greece out of it's many political, economic and financial problems. But there we go, I digress! Focus on your own problems before making more! 
I also got to spend more time with Mel, and her gorgeous cat Peaches, who was rubbing her chin on a wine bottle while Mel was preparing her lunch. She's a cat after my own heart! 
I also went to another concert, this time with James, to the 1865 in Southampton. He's a big fan of buckers style music, and we were there to see Too Many Zooz. James is a big fan and has followed them for a while now. They were good fun, it was the second time we've seen them so I knew a bit more of what to expect. The energy onstage from them is incredible, you can literally see the sweat flying of them as they are performing, with Leo doing his trademark bold dances. One of the warm up groups, Tuba Libres with their wacky clothing and covers of hits like Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" was also a hit with us. If you want to know who else is performing there soon, check out their website the1865.store
August also saw Husky go on an adventure! I think James had squeezed him too tightly, and he had...developed a sort of rectal tear. I don't know how else to quite explain it! Luckily my mum is both good with a needle & thread and also with Husky, so she kindly offered to perform surgery on him. Here he is on the bus going over. I heard one child asking his parent if it was a real dog in the bag!
Husky was all stitched up, given a new lease of life and then had a good wash in the washing machine, before spending some time sunbathing on her rotary drier. I think he was pleased for the whole experience to be over.
Here he is in recovery, with a cup of tea and some chocolates mum had brought from work. He looks better doesn't he!
Mum then enlisted (or should I say press-ganged) me into helping her make a new sofa cover with some leftover material. I agreed (under duress). But I was having a root around in her sewing supplied box and found this, the tiniest bottle of whisky and a book about Robert Burns. The things you find in sewing boxes! I remember being a kid and opening a tin of sweets, only to discover that it was full of buttons & reels of thread. Perhaps that's why I'm the way I am today, traumatised by wanting sweets and having to eat a button instead! 
And finally, here's Husky taking his turn on the sewing machine, he was surprisingly good. Perhaps a job as a tailor is on the cards when he gets older! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino