Big News!
Hello and good day to you all!
I shall start by saying that my book is finally ready to be brought. After several months of writing, hours of editing, no lunch breaks at work and seventy long tons of chocolate, I uploaded it to Amazon, and it is now live on the website! EEK! As is mandatory, I feel a shameless need to give you the link :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Fields-Lewis-Godfray-ebook/dp/B00XNAD9ZM/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1431981108&sr=8-8&keywords=New+Fields
Its worth mentioning that the first person to buy it, was my Gran (Or Biddy as she likes to be called) I'm not entirely sure if she quite knows how to use her kindle, but none the less, I still feel proud to say that I am a published author with a sale.
It may please you all to know, that I chose to celebrate with a bottle of parrot bay and a pizza. Some habit's die hard I guess. I'm not sure what my next avenue is going to be. I now have three very different projects. One is about a road trip with two siblings, who after some time apart realize family is more important than anything else. Another is one I started yesterday, about a son who has been away travelling for a year, and what impact his return to family life has. The final one is about night shift working, and the trials of trying to recreate head office plans in a space completely the wrong size. (This one I have quite a lot of experience with) They are all quite straight forward stories, so I'm going to try and give some of them a bit of a kick to them.
That brings me onto a rather interesting point. One of my best friends has been moved off her department to make way for someone much less deserving, and it's caused a lot of friction. Bless her, I feel so bad for her because she loved her previous department, and while I know she is amazing on Ladies wear, I know she is going to miss A&A a lot. Massively I should say. There has been massive turmoil on Ladies wear over the past few months, we said goodbye to two managers, have gained two new ones, one of my supervisor's has had to hold the whole place together while the other just swans off doing whatever. It's been very stressful, and it's caused the whole department to slowly sink, just like Atlantis, only the water has been replaced with rails and pods of stock everywhere. And when I say everywhere I mean everywhere. I have in all seriousness, been thinking about looking elsewhere for work. There is no longer any enjoyment or satisfaction from work, the whole team is so despondent we no longer care about anything we do. And that's not how a department, particularly a department like Ladies wear should be run. Its made worse by other departments, not doing their jobs, which puts even more pressure on us than before. It's no surprise I left on Saturday evening with a resignation letter written and in my bag. It's still there now, but I really hope it doesn't have to come to that. I have made some amazing friends on Ladies wear, and to think about it, all over the store. Like I said to one of my new managers (The one I really think is good) Things just aren't what they used to be.
Maybe my writing will help me get out and Further into the world then my current occupation will. That I can't be sure. But I know that even with only one sale of my work behind me (Thank you Biddy, love you lots!) I can really start to make tracks going forward.
I shall start by saying that my book is finally ready to be brought. After several months of writing, hours of editing, no lunch breaks at work and seventy long tons of chocolate, I uploaded it to Amazon, and it is now live on the website! EEK! As is mandatory, I feel a shameless need to give you the link :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Fields-Lewis-Godfray-ebook/dp/B00XNAD9ZM/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1431981108&sr=8-8&keywords=New+Fields
Its worth mentioning that the first person to buy it, was my Gran (Or Biddy as she likes to be called) I'm not entirely sure if she quite knows how to use her kindle, but none the less, I still feel proud to say that I am a published author with a sale.
It may please you all to know, that I chose to celebrate with a bottle of parrot bay and a pizza. Some habit's die hard I guess. I'm not sure what my next avenue is going to be. I now have three very different projects. One is about a road trip with two siblings, who after some time apart realize family is more important than anything else. Another is one I started yesterday, about a son who has been away travelling for a year, and what impact his return to family life has. The final one is about night shift working, and the trials of trying to recreate head office plans in a space completely the wrong size. (This one I have quite a lot of experience with) They are all quite straight forward stories, so I'm going to try and give some of them a bit of a kick to them.
That brings me onto a rather interesting point. One of my best friends has been moved off her department to make way for someone much less deserving, and it's caused a lot of friction. Bless her, I feel so bad for her because she loved her previous department, and while I know she is amazing on Ladies wear, I know she is going to miss A&A a lot. Massively I should say. There has been massive turmoil on Ladies wear over the past few months, we said goodbye to two managers, have gained two new ones, one of my supervisor's has had to hold the whole place together while the other just swans off doing whatever. It's been very stressful, and it's caused the whole department to slowly sink, just like Atlantis, only the water has been replaced with rails and pods of stock everywhere. And when I say everywhere I mean everywhere. I have in all seriousness, been thinking about looking elsewhere for work. There is no longer any enjoyment or satisfaction from work, the whole team is so despondent we no longer care about anything we do. And that's not how a department, particularly a department like Ladies wear should be run. Its made worse by other departments, not doing their jobs, which puts even more pressure on us than before. It's no surprise I left on Saturday evening with a resignation letter written and in my bag. It's still there now, but I really hope it doesn't have to come to that. I have made some amazing friends on Ladies wear, and to think about it, all over the store. Like I said to one of my new managers (The one I really think is good) Things just aren't what they used to be.
Maybe my writing will help me get out and Further into the world then my current occupation will. That I can't be sure. But I know that even with only one sale of my work behind me (Thank you Biddy, love you lots!) I can really start to make tracks going forward.
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!