Moving Fast
Good morning.
Well I have some good news! (And at long last I should add) My novel has been completly written and edited, and the layout done. All I have to do now is decide on a title. This is the bit I am really struggling with. I have always struggled with giving thing's titles, I can only think of one, but it sounds far to cheesey and basically like the name of a soap opera. I'm going to have a brainstorming session again today, because at the moment it's the only thing holding me back form publishing it. Which brings me onto my next point.
Because I have struggled with my first piece so much. (Well struggled with the editorial process in all fairness) I ended up starting another project. One about two siblings who after a while apart take a road trip across the counry, really just to hang out and explore the world around them. It's given me a lot of a creative thinking. As in, this is my own ficticious country, and so I can put whatever I like in it, within reason. It's meant that so far there has been a massive horse, as a tribute to the siege of Troy, and a record festival. I'm enjoying writing it so far, the only problem being it's a tad on the messy side as a story, but hopefully I will be able to streamline it as I go along.
I think I have put a lot more effort into my writing and projects recently because of developments at work, which have placed huge stress's on me and the team I work with. It seems the mess my previous manager has left behind has been causing more and more problems. He left about a month or so ago to work on another department, and bless we have had two new managers come in to take his place. Both have worked as managers before, but they have come from other stores and have really been thrown in the deep end. One is a fabulous manager, and I will do anything for. She is very helpful, has a great sense of humour, and is very old skool, which as I manager I find really good, especially for the section I work on. The other is nice, but can be very prickly and has way too many expectations of the role.
I have to go otherwise I will be late clocking in, see you all later
Well I have some good news! (And at long last I should add) My novel has been completly written and edited, and the layout done. All I have to do now is decide on a title. This is the bit I am really struggling with. I have always struggled with giving thing's titles, I can only think of one, but it sounds far to cheesey and basically like the name of a soap opera. I'm going to have a brainstorming session again today, because at the moment it's the only thing holding me back form publishing it. Which brings me onto my next point.
Because I have struggled with my first piece so much. (Well struggled with the editorial process in all fairness) I ended up starting another project. One about two siblings who after a while apart take a road trip across the counry, really just to hang out and explore the world around them. It's given me a lot of a creative thinking. As in, this is my own ficticious country, and so I can put whatever I like in it, within reason. It's meant that so far there has been a massive horse, as a tribute to the siege of Troy, and a record festival. I'm enjoying writing it so far, the only problem being it's a tad on the messy side as a story, but hopefully I will be able to streamline it as I go along.
I think I have put a lot more effort into my writing and projects recently because of developments at work, which have placed huge stress's on me and the team I work with. It seems the mess my previous manager has left behind has been causing more and more problems. He left about a month or so ago to work on another department, and bless we have had two new managers come in to take his place. Both have worked as managers before, but they have come from other stores and have really been thrown in the deep end. One is a fabulous manager, and I will do anything for. She is very helpful, has a great sense of humour, and is very old skool, which as I manager I find really good, especially for the section I work on. The other is nice, but can be very prickly and has way too many expectations of the role.
I have to go otherwise I will be late clocking in, see you all later
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!