Good evening.
It's worth a quick mention that I have a phobia of glass shelves. It may sound strange, but when you work in retail, these things are actually rather normal. The company I work for has a real fetish for glass shelving. And I mean a REAL fetish. They are everywhere, at the top of a wall, the bottom of the wall, hell even in the middle of the wall. They are heavy, awkward to put on the wall, and shatter without warning. So you can imagine how I felt when my manager told me we had to put another million up around the shop. You can understand my panic. Particularly as a first aider, I have first hand experience of trying to sort out the mess when a glass shelf shatters. I'm shuddering as I think about it.
But on a happier note, It's my birthday in a week. Im rather excited, especially as it means I have been able to treat myself an insane amount this past week without feeling guilty. In all seriousness though, my card has really taken a beating. I've ordered a few new toys, with another order to be placed when I finish work tonight. I've brought new underwear, books, cd's, dvd's, Tonnes of clothes and even my brithday cake. I have a horrible feeling I am perched on the edge of my credit limit. Let's just say I am waiting for the statement with bated breath. But in all fairness, it is my birthday :P
Birthdays are an odd concept. The anniversary of a 20 hour labour that resulted in a moody post teen. Whats not to celebrate? But I have made one big decision. I have written up and will hand in my request for a career break when I come back next wednesday. I'm going to save up as much as I can, take six months away from work to visit Belgrade, do as much writing as possible, and just to generally try and find my way though life. Ive been full time working here for nearly three years, and I really think I need to have something to show for it. Also, I think I will use the time to look for another job, something that I can really get my teeth into, and something that gives me a fighting chance of one day owning my own home. Plus anything that I enjoy more would be a bonus.
Anyway, sorry for the quick post, but I am now going to install a thousand glass shelves in every availbale space. Think of me and a glass shelf hanging off a ladder. Theres an Image for you...
It's worth a quick mention that I have a phobia of glass shelves. It may sound strange, but when you work in retail, these things are actually rather normal. The company I work for has a real fetish for glass shelving. And I mean a REAL fetish. They are everywhere, at the top of a wall, the bottom of the wall, hell even in the middle of the wall. They are heavy, awkward to put on the wall, and shatter without warning. So you can imagine how I felt when my manager told me we had to put another million up around the shop. You can understand my panic. Particularly as a first aider, I have first hand experience of trying to sort out the mess when a glass shelf shatters. I'm shuddering as I think about it.
But on a happier note, It's my birthday in a week. Im rather excited, especially as it means I have been able to treat myself an insane amount this past week without feeling guilty. In all seriousness though, my card has really taken a beating. I've ordered a few new toys, with another order to be placed when I finish work tonight. I've brought new underwear, books, cd's, dvd's, Tonnes of clothes and even my brithday cake. I have a horrible feeling I am perched on the edge of my credit limit. Let's just say I am waiting for the statement with bated breath. But in all fairness, it is my birthday :P
Birthdays are an odd concept. The anniversary of a 20 hour labour that resulted in a moody post teen. Whats not to celebrate? But I have made one big decision. I have written up and will hand in my request for a career break when I come back next wednesday. I'm going to save up as much as I can, take six months away from work to visit Belgrade, do as much writing as possible, and just to generally try and find my way though life. Ive been full time working here for nearly three years, and I really think I need to have something to show for it. Also, I think I will use the time to look for another job, something that I can really get my teeth into, and something that gives me a fighting chance of one day owning my own home. Plus anything that I enjoy more would be a bonus.
Anyway, sorry for the quick post, but I am now going to install a thousand glass shelves in every availbale space. Think of me and a glass shelf hanging off a ladder. Theres an Image for you...
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!