Ljubljana Part 5
Of course, I headed back to Ljubljana. First of all to visit the Skojkan caves, and second of all to visit the Ethnographic museum, which had been closed while I was first there.
The caves were amazing, I caught the rail replacement bus to Divaca, and from there caught the shuttle to the cave site. Theres no pictures allowed in the caves which is a shame, but I can honestly say with all my heart that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Amazing rock formations, amazing cliff edges and drops, and most incredible of all, ropes and clips left by cavers nearly a hundred years ago, still attached to the walls where they used them.
The other reason for coming back was for the ethnographic museum. I'm not sure why, but both times I tried to visit before hand it was closed, but luckily it was open before I headed for Maribor.
It was amazing! Perhaps my favourate exhibit was the shrunken head. I don't know about anyone else, but I find them fascinating. I really want one too!
The little boat is called a Čupa (Pronounced Čupa) and again, is only found in Slovenia. Used for fishing in the Adriatic Sea, it's become a dying breed, particularly after the second world war, and this is one of the last of its kind.
I was sad to leave Ljubljana. The city has a beautiful vibe, and I hope to be back again very soon.
The caves were amazing, I caught the rail replacement bus to Divaca, and from there caught the shuttle to the cave site. Theres no pictures allowed in the caves which is a shame, but I can honestly say with all my heart that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Amazing rock formations, amazing cliff edges and drops, and most incredible of all, ropes and clips left by cavers nearly a hundred years ago, still attached to the walls where they used them.
The other reason for coming back was for the ethnographic museum. I'm not sure why, but both times I tried to visit before hand it was closed, but luckily it was open before I headed for Maribor.
It was amazing! Perhaps my favourate exhibit was the shrunken head. I don't know about anyone else, but I find them fascinating. I really want one too!
The little boat is called a Čupa (Pronounced Čupa) and again, is only found in Slovenia. Used for fishing in the Adriatic Sea, it's become a dying breed, particularly after the second world war, and this is one of the last of its kind.
I was sad to leave Ljubljana. The city has a beautiful vibe, and I hope to be back again very soon.



Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!