Zagreb Part 1
Hello!
I went back to Croatia. The calling of Zagreb was too strong!
What a city! It hasn't got that refined, perfect feeling that Ljubljana has, Zagreb is more nitty gritty, but it's bigger and more sprawling, so it's expected.
This post is about two things I found in Zagreb which impressed me very much, and we're rather unusual. The first, the mushroom museum.
I don't even eat mushrooms they are gross!
But surpringly, it was a very interesting and informative museum. Once I got past the confusing entrance (though two sets of of doors, up two floors with no signs or posters) and the musty smell in there, I thoroughly enjoyed it. (although to be on the safe side, don't take me mushroom picking, I still struggle to tell the difference between poisonous and edible!)
The other interesting thing in Zagreb is the model railway. According to the website and the sign outside, it is south eastern Europe's largest model railway. I was expecting it to be like the ones you see at those random pop up craft fairs in England. Run by a strange old man who is covered in dust and looks mean.
This was the opposite. This was a modern, organised system. The main guy running it even had a headphone and microphone set to keep everyone and everything organised.
And most impressive of all, while I was watching the trains rushing around the tracks (and on time too which I was most impressed about) the lights slowly dim until it's a night setting, and everything is lit up.
But wait. It gets better.
Then, a flash of lighting, a clap of thunder, and some mist is sprayed from the ceiling. It was incredible! Even if you only go for twenty minutes or so before lunch, I'm telling you, it is well worth it!
I went back to Croatia. The calling of Zagreb was too strong!
What a city! It hasn't got that refined, perfect feeling that Ljubljana has, Zagreb is more nitty gritty, but it's bigger and more sprawling, so it's expected.
This post is about two things I found in Zagreb which impressed me very much, and we're rather unusual. The first, the mushroom museum.
There was mushrooms
More mushrooms!I don't even eat mushrooms they are gross!
But surpringly, it was a very interesting and informative museum. Once I got past the confusing entrance (though two sets of of doors, up two floors with no signs or posters) and the musty smell in there, I thoroughly enjoyed it. (although to be on the safe side, don't take me mushroom picking, I still struggle to tell the difference between poisonous and edible!)
The other interesting thing in Zagreb is the model railway. According to the website and the sign outside, it is south eastern Europe's largest model railway. I was expecting it to be like the ones you see at those random pop up craft fairs in England. Run by a strange old man who is covered in dust and looks mean.
This was the opposite. This was a modern, organised system. The main guy running it even had a headphone and microphone set to keep everyone and everything organised.
And most impressive of all, while I was watching the trains rushing around the tracks (and on time too which I was most impressed about) the lights slowly dim until it's a night setting, and everything is lit up.
But wait. It gets better.
Then, a flash of lighting, a clap of thunder, and some mist is sprayed from the ceiling. It was incredible! Even if you only go for twenty minutes or so before lunch, I'm telling you, it is well worth it!







Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!