Back home (for a little while anyway)

Isn't flying home the worst part of going away? Although this almost overhead shot of central London is amazing! Also, the clouds always look nicer from above. So soft, so comfortable. 


Anyway, so I was back home for a week, I came back for one of my dear friends daughters christening. I'll respect their privacy and not post a picture of them, but it was a beautiful day, the sun shone all day, the church and the service was lovely. And it was so nice to be invited too it too. I was asked to be a Godfather. No, not the mafia kind, although I would be a boss at that. I was surprised to be asked, particularly as I'm an atheist, but it was nice to be included in something that was so so important to my friends. I'm probably one of the worst people to be a godfather, but I try my very best!

That was followed with a trip with James to the Arundal wet fowl centre, where we got to hang out with all manner of feathered friends! While it's probably not the most exciting of places, its still a nice day out, but make sure you take sunscreen, hats & water if you're visiting when its hot, there's not a great deal of shade unless you hide in one of the bird watching booths, where you're then frightened to breathe lest you frighten any of the birds and get hissed at by one of the professional bird watchers! At £13.50, make sure you take full advantage of the talks, and activities available.

Just a shame I couldn't catch one of the ducks for my Bulgarian stewing pot that I somehow managed to get home without breaking!
I brought it from a market in central Sofia, and ended up putting my bag into it so I could carry it on the plane! And despite it being in the middle of a heat wave here in the UK, I was determined to use it at every opportunity!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino