Cartagena Part 4

If you want a great viewpoint across the city of Cartagena, head to the Conception Castle museum. The museum itself is nice enough, but the views across the city are phenomenal. If you've come in by cruise ship, you'll appreciate from this angle just how big some of the ships are! I'd love to show you some pictures, but I was too distracted by the ducks and peacocks to admire the view!

One of the rooms in the castle with some fun lighting that gives it that spooky feel!
If you're down by the waterfront, keep and eye out for this fellow! Its not far from the Archaeological Museum. It was interesting, but it felt like it was predominantly aimed at children, so I came away a little bored. But there was a fun model there that gave you an idea of what the harbour would have been like in ancient times.
Now for something a little bit different. I'm someone who prefers to keep their feet on dry, dry land. But I decided to do a boat tour, which gave some phenomenal views of Cartagena, then dropped you off further round the coast to Fuerte de Navidad, which has a most wonderful little museum! The boat even has recorded commentary in English & Spanish, which tells you more about the port and it's history. Along with the Roman Forum and the Roman Theatre, this is one of the must do's while you are visiting Cartagena! 
Isn't it wonderful when the hardest part of your day is trying to work out where the sea 
ends and the sky begins!
The staff are very friendly too! 
These are the days you remember the most. The days where time stood still, and you were surrounded by azure blue seas, with nothing but the sound of gentle waves lapping about. Oh, how I wish that day would never end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino