Sarandë

 Sarandë was a little slice of heaven. It was a beautiful, welcoming place, where the troubles of the world seemed to be non existent. Now there's not a lot to do in Sarandë  itself, there's a little museum that was closed for restoration while I was there, but it was a place where time just seemed to stop. 

I had caught the Furgon from Berat, and spent most of the afternoon sat in the sun, reading my book and wandering along the promenade and the seafront. After the kerfuffle of travel the day before, I was glad to have a super easy going relaxed day.

There were a few interesting ruins dotted about the town centre 

The water was beautiful, so clear and sparkling, although considering it was early March, I imagine still cold, I didnt see anyone swimming there!

My delicious Borek from one of the local bakeries, I had quite the discussion with the lady that worked there, apparently a lot of people come to see Butrint from Greece/Corfu, and don't spend any time in Sarandë.
Fun little ruin on the beach
My slightly anaemic, but very tasty pizza I had for dinner from one of the seafront restaurants. Again, the place was very quiet, and again, I spent quite a bit of time speaking to one of the waiters, who asked me about my time in Albania and what I thought of it. We would talk for a while, then my food would come out, he would vanish, and then once he took the plate away we would talk some more. Even the lady the in the hotel where I stayed (I know, I felt like splashing out) spent quite a bit of time with me, talking about my visit and how I was going to get to Butrint the next day, She even offered to give me a lift after she had taken her children to school, but I said I was happy with the bus, to which she wrote the times out and where to catch it from for me. Top notch service! (Unfortunately, the hotel is no longer open as of the time writing this post)

I'm so glad I came to Sarandë, it was such a chilled and wonderful place to be, perfect to recharge your batteries. And I was looking forward to my trip to Butrint the next day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino