February 2022 - A more normal month!

 February was otherwise a quiet month, I came back from our holiday and went straight back to work. The month passed fast though, I'm sure that's because although it's only a couple of days shorter than January, life returns to normal again in February. Christmas and New Years is finished with, and February is just a month about getting on with things while awaiting for Spring. At least to me it is!

Here's me and Husky watching the TV together, after I had made dinner, which was a fusion dish of hot dog Thai green curry. I apologise to everyone that is offended by this dish, but we had a tonne of bits and pieces to use up. I guess you could say it is fusion cuisine, but I think hate mail would be sent to me if I claimed it was fusion cuisine!
Here's James clipping Husky's nails over the bin, to prove that nail clippers are safe. I hate them, they frighten me and I'm scared it's going to just tear off my toenails, so I always use scissors. I moved in with James in November 2017, and this was the first time we realised we did our nails differently. How has it taken that long?
The fantastic lasagna James made, along with a phone card of former teen heartthrob Bon Jovi. He was never one of my teen crushes! I remember mine being Atlas from the Gladiators & Hercules (you know the one I mean!). James has a normal job, but on the side has a Ebay Business selling phone cards. For those of us that were too young to remember them, phone cards were used to make phone calls on public phones. They were like a credit card, they would be loaded up with a value and you would insert them into the pay phone, make your call, and off you would go. James did confess to me that when he was younger, him and his dad used to pick the lock on the phone card bins in the phone booths to see what was in there! A petty life of crime, all for a phone card with Bon Jovi's face on it!
My Amaryllis had finally started to flower, with these huge white flowers, and Husky received a new hat. Well sort of. My nan had actually knitted it as a tea cosy for James for his birthday. It has two holes, for the handle and one for the spout. Except it fitted Husky perfectly, and now he wears it when it's cold! She thought it was hilarious, and said she was going to make a matching scarf for him!

The only other thing we did of note in February was visit Birdworld. If you've got a phobia of birds, look away now! It's a fun place, with plenty of birds to see, although you can't feed any yourself!

Gotta love flamingos. If you know anyone that doesn't like them, get rid of them immediately!
This friendly parrot was quite content to sit and chat with us for a bit.
Annoyingly, we had just missed the penguin feeding, but we still went to say hello and watch them swim about. I used to love penguins as a kid, and always wanted (and still do) to go to Antarctica and see them. That would be a fantastic experience!
Birdworld is small but really nicely put together, there is of course also a cafe and giftshop. I feel like anywhere that does not have both is shooting themselves in the foot. We came out buying sticker books for my friends children and a toy parrot for another. Easy money!

Adult tickets online start at £19.95 for adults, which I felt was a little bit steep, but they do a lot of conservation work, so at least the money is being used for something good. Or maybe I'm just becoming a scrooge of some sort. But I'm sure I remember the days when two adults could do an activity for less than a tenner. Or am I just being nostalgic? Perhaps so. Anyway, find out more about Birdworld at their website: birdworld.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino