Athens part 2
Athens is awash with history and places to see it. When you visit the acropolis, you can either pay for a ticket just for the acropolis and its slopes, or you can pay (I think) €30) euros for a multi ticket, which gets you into 7 sites. Believe me, it's well worth it. Off the top of my head I can't remember the names of them all, but each and everyone has something interesting to be seen. Here's just a few pictures from some of the historical sights:
(I apologise for not more details in the this post, but Athens was over 2 months ago and I can't remember all the little details having seen so much since, In really sorry!)
This was part of Trajans library, a huge sprawling structure, one of the largest libraries of the ancient world.
These two pictures were taken of the temple of Hepheastus, and you can see the difference in the colomns!
This is two pictures of the temple of zeus, with the highest collomns I have ever seen! It's mad how they are still standing, yet parts of the walls and marble tiled floors have disappeared!
I can't for the life of me remember where this was, but the marble was so cool to the touch, and was the smoothest and softest I've ever felt. It was beautiful.
Im sorry for the lack of detail! I will try better I promise!
(I apologise for not more details in the this post, but Athens was over 2 months ago and I can't remember all the little details having seen so much since, In really sorry!)
This was part of Trajans library, a huge sprawling structure, one of the largest libraries of the ancient world.
These two pictures were taken of the temple of Hepheastus, and you can see the difference in the colomns!
This is two pictures of the temple of zeus, with the highest collomns I have ever seen! It's mad how they are still standing, yet parts of the walls and marble tiled floors have disappeared!
I can't for the life of me remember where this was, but the marble was so cool to the touch, and was the smoothest and softest I've ever felt. It was beautiful.
Im sorry for the lack of detail! I will try better I promise!







Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!