Athens part 4
Now, it's a bit of a way out of the centre, (metro and then a bus journey) but the zoo is a great place to spend the day. Yeah yeah, I can hear you all say, a day at the zoo. But genuinely, it's a fun and really interesting zoo. The high point was watching the dolphin show, something I had never seen before, and something I went to see again later in Batumi
Can you guess which was mine?
The great escape!
These little animals were awesome, Coaties if I remember rightly, they were sociable little things running up and down the enclosre squeaking at you. Then they got fed, and it was a free for all for the fruits and snails! But it was hilarious to watch!
The zoo was a bit on the expensive side (17 euros if I remember rightly, but it was well worth visiting, the animals were all well looked after, had plenty of space, and the whole place had a really good feel about it. You can also use your day/week metro pass on the busses too, which I I didn't realise and saved me an additional bus fair. On Futher research, pretty much all public transport in Athens accepts the tickets. Plus there wasn't any strikes or protests!
Can you guess which was mine?
The great escape!
These little animals were awesome, Coaties if I remember rightly, they were sociable little things running up and down the enclosre squeaking at you. Then they got fed, and it was a free for all for the fruits and snails! But it was hilarious to watch!
The zoo was a bit on the expensive side (17 euros if I remember rightly, but it was well worth visiting, the animals were all well looked after, had plenty of space, and the whole place had a really good feel about it. You can also use your day/week metro pass on the busses too, which I I didn't realise and saved me an additional bus fair. On Futher research, pretty much all public transport in Athens accepts the tickets. Plus there wasn't any strikes or protests!








Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!