Chania
From Athens, I decided some island hopping was in order.
A quick pointer for all you travellers out there. Greek night ferries are stressful. It's okay if you have money to spare and can afford a cabin, otherwise you literally sleep anywhere there is a space. I'm not kidding. I finally managed to sleep, when I was rudely awaking by the woman next to me kicking me in the head. So naturally I got to Chania, and after an hours walk with my heavy bag, I finally arrived at the hostel and I wasn't in the greatest of moods, but luckily Simon (the friendly Russian who was in the hostel in Greece, who I was on the ferry with and in the hostel in Chania too!) managed to keep my spirits up. I then went and explored Chania. It's a very small touristy place, with not a great deal to see, so there's just a couple of pictures for you today:
The venetian harbour lighthouse
The venetian port
Albino peacocks!
The cute ginger kitty from the hostel! She liked the look of my gyros (Greek kebab) very much, as her pestering me was rewarded when I dropped a bit, it was eaten before it even hit the floor! The hostel I stayed in, Chania hostel, was very cramped, but a lovely hostel. The owner, Angelika, is the most glamorous hostel owner I've ever met! The hotel is beautiful, and has a lovely garden to relax in!
From Chania, the hostel arranged a day trip to the Samaria gorge, which comes as a seperate post very soon :)
A quick pointer for all you travellers out there. Greek night ferries are stressful. It's okay if you have money to spare and can afford a cabin, otherwise you literally sleep anywhere there is a space. I'm not kidding. I finally managed to sleep, when I was rudely awaking by the woman next to me kicking me in the head. So naturally I got to Chania, and after an hours walk with my heavy bag, I finally arrived at the hostel and I wasn't in the greatest of moods, but luckily Simon (the friendly Russian who was in the hostel in Greece, who I was on the ferry with and in the hostel in Chania too!) managed to keep my spirits up. I then went and explored Chania. It's a very small touristy place, with not a great deal to see, so there's just a couple of pictures for you today:
The venetian harbour lighthouse
The venetian port
The cute ginger kitty from the hostel! She liked the look of my gyros (Greek kebab) very much, as her pestering me was rewarded when I dropped a bit, it was eaten before it even hit the floor! The hostel I stayed in, Chania hostel, was very cramped, but a lovely hostel. The owner, Angelika, is the most glamorous hostel owner I've ever met! The hotel is beautiful, and has a lovely garden to relax in!
From Chania, the hostel arranged a day trip to the Samaria gorge, which comes as a seperate post very soon :)




Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!