Athens part 5
After my week on Crete, I took another night ferry back to Athens, and spent the day doing little things I needed to catch up on, laundry, backpack sorting, that kind of thing. The bin at the laundry was pretty full by the time I left. While in Athens for the day, I went and saw the last museum I wanted to visit, the Benaki museum, and just sort of spent the day chilling out.
I made my way to the airport, treated myself to dinner, and waited for my flight to Yerevan. By this point, I was exhausted, having been awake since 8am the day before, as I didn't get any sleep on the night ferry. So I was sat in the departure lounge nearly nodding off as I phoned home and chatted for a while. Then I was called to the gate, and the biggest jump of my travels began.
As the plane was taking off, I looked out the window to see Athens disappearing away from me. It was perhaps the most amazing sight I have ever seen, and it made me realise just how lucky the cosmonauts are, bring able to see the world at night from above.
Maybe that's the next step for me, to become a cosmonaut? We shall see, maybe when I get bored of two feet on the ground. But you never know...
Onwards to Yerevan!!
I made my way to the airport, treated myself to dinner, and waited for my flight to Yerevan. By this point, I was exhausted, having been awake since 8am the day before, as I didn't get any sleep on the night ferry. So I was sat in the departure lounge nearly nodding off as I phoned home and chatted for a while. Then I was called to the gate, and the biggest jump of my travels began.
As the plane was taking off, I looked out the window to see Athens disappearing away from me. It was perhaps the most amazing sight I have ever seen, and it made me realise just how lucky the cosmonauts are, bring able to see the world at night from above.
Maybe that's the next step for me, to become a cosmonaut? We shall see, maybe when I get bored of two feet on the ground. But you never know...
Onwards to Yerevan!!

Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!