Samaria Gorge

Now the great thing about Chania Hostel is that they organise trips around the western end of Crete. Now I wasn't fussed about the beach, but the gorge sounded amazing. And so we all went. There was about a dozen people from the hostel went. It gorge was about 16km long, and you start at the top and work your way down, so it wasn't too taxing. But wow, it is stunning, and the gorge just took my breath away. You trek though it, then you catch a ferry at the end which drops you back further up the coast where you catch the bus back to Chania. It was amazing, and when I told my Grandma about it, she told me my Grandad had also trekked though the gorge when they had visited 250 years before ;)


              Don't let the signs scare you!




At least they didn't try to charge a toll for                             crossing this one!

By the time we got back to the hostel, I was tired but happy, and I treated myself to Greek kebab and ice cream. The perfect way to the end the day :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino