Ciao Milano! Part Tre!
Whenever I see somewhere with a display of bones, I feel a compelling need to visit. No, I'm not a dog, but nothing looks better than a good, artistic display of bones. I've visited Sedlec Ossuary in Czechia, I've done the Paris catacombs, and now, I'm visiting the San Bernadino Alle Ossa.
White the beauty of the building does not compare to Milan's Cathedral, it has a lovely warm feel to it as you enter, with these pastel tones and circular windows letting in plenty of light. You then head into the chapel/Ossuary, where there is these delightful displays and patterns of bones. The chapel was rebuilt in 1712 after a fire which destroyed the preceding buildings, and this is the structure you see today. There's something so fascinating about staring at bones, because out of something sad when loosing someone, there can be something so beautiful and interesting made of it. It's also worth taking a moment to gaze into the beautiful fresco on the ceiling, depicting the angels welcoming you into this sacred space.






Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!