August 2019

 The summer seemed to be flying by, before I knew it, August was in full flow. Where does the time go?

We had a nice day out in Oxford, having a wonder and a look about. What an interesting and beautiful place, although it was hard work in the heat and it was packed with people. Hard to believe such a beautiful place as Oxford has such a high murder rate! (If you've ever watched Morse and Lewis, you'll know what I mean)



We stopped off at Whitchurch Silk Mill on the way home to say hello and feed the duckies. We were flagging in the heat, but they didnt seem to mind! 

I continued working a lot of night shifts for various moved, sales and stock filling. I'm happiest working nights, I get left alone to myself and I really enjoy that. We live in such a busy and noisy world, its nice to work by yourself and spend that time to yourself. I'd heard back about the supervisor interview. I had passed, with a good score, but I wasn't the highest scorer, so somebody else got the job. I won't lie, I was a bit disappointed, but I was happy to have passed. My manager explained that for the next 6 months I would be able to apply for any other supervisor jobs that came out without needing to go through the assessment and interview again, and to keep an eye out in other local stores for any open positions. I was going to keep my eyes peeled! And only a few days later, I saw a job going at another store, much bigger than the one I was working in currently. I phoned the manager who arranged for me to come down for a little interview. Hopefully I made a good impression, time will tell!
We went down on a windy summers afternoon for the Balloon festival on Southsea common. I've never seen so many fun balloons!
I'd mentioned to my Mum about how much I'd enjoyed our trip to the lavender farm, and I came home from work one day to discovered she and my Dad had cut the lavender in their garden and dropped it round for me. I spent the afternoon in a happy lavender haze bundling it up and hanging it up to dry in the shed. I slept very well that night!

The garden was becoming more productive, here is our first beetroot and spring onion harvest! Once they had been sown, they were so easy to grow and required very little attention, unlike a lot of other things! We just needed to remember to water the beetroot more during the hot summer.
Every year I make a Christmas cake, and each year end of August/start of September I start to soak the fruit. I can't remember what I used this year, I think brandy, amaretto and some cinnamon. It then went in a box in the back of the cupboard to sit and build in flavour until the time to back it came. I then made sure I forgot about Christmas until after Halloween had been!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino