October 2019
After a beautiful September, October came and brought a chill with it. All of a sudden the garden seemed to die off, and we salvaged the last few bits we good before the frosts started to come. Despite it being cold, it was dry, which meant we could still go out and about. We had a beautiful walk down Morecombe beach, and we were the only ones there which was lovely. We went to Morecombe because James told me the worlds greatest bookstore was there. I've heard that title flung around many times, but to be fair, the Old Pier Bookshop on the sea front probably has the strongest claim to the title! It was a warren of bookshelves, bowed under the weight of the books. I brought home three big bagful's, and only stopped there because we couldn't carry any more! Make sure you pay them a visit if you're ever nearby!
We grabbed a bite to eat at one of the local cafe's, the Lighthouse Cafe. It was your average café, nothing special, but it was good value and had this in the menu, which I thought was good life advice to remember!
We spent the night in Lancaster, and I disapproved of thier town hall having Christmas decorations up before Halloween, but I will say it did look very nice. They know how to do thier ambience lighting there!
These two pictures were from our Visit to the Winchester City Mill. It's a working water mill dating from 1744, although there has been a watermill on the site for over a thousand years. Its free to enter, and while its not the most exciting thing in the world, its nice to pop in and have a look around. Just beware the old lady hiding behind the door as you enter the main room, she made me jump and then somehow made me buy a load of raffle tickets!
We then had a little wander down the river to the park, then cut across back to the centre of Winchester for lunch. We spotted a Heron sat perfectly still, waiting for the perfect moment to strike and grab its dinner. I don't have that much patience or skill, I probably would have starved by the time I caught something!
Feeding our friends at Sophie's Pond, in Royal Victoria Country Park. Mad to think we were feeding in the spring an d they were tiny babies, now they are almost fully sized!
Playing Cities Skylines, and wandering why all my freight trains were not appearing. Turns out some massive glitch that was causing them to crash and then disappear! Replaced the bridge, but it kept happening. I ended up re-doing the entire railway line with a new station before it eventually started working again!
Dinner at my friends house. I made stuffed peppers, but for some stupid reason, only got two peppers? So it ended up being a stuffed pepper each, and then lots of the filling that would have gone in the other peppers. Never mind, at least it tasted good!






.jpg)


Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!