July 2019
Compared with June, July was a very quiet month. I spent most of the month working nights as most of the Womenswear department kept moving around and changing, which seemed like a never ending job. To be fair, it was a never ending job. The jewellery department just seemed to get moved every other day to a new place, and it was fiddly to move because it's all little bits and pieces. The worst nightshift was moving Lingerie, in particular hosiery. It seemed like it was never, ever going to end. There were millions of packs of tights, half of which didnt fit anywhere, tonnes of broken/torn packets and then discovering after we had moved half of it that most of it was sale items which had to be gone through, priced and then moved elsewhere. It was genuinely one of the worst nightshifts I'd had in a long while.
But there was a new job on offer, for a Section Co-ordinator, or a supervisor role which it seemed to be called everywhere else. Quite a few people went for it. I'd tried once before and had failed the assessment part, so I made sure to do loads of revision and practice everything. I felt so nervous though, especially as I didnt want to fail it for a second time! It seemed to go ok, I did better in the staffing & planning task than in the interview part itself. Guess I'd have to wait to find out how I did!
With it being such a stressful week of shifts, James took me to the Lavender farm in Alton, Called the Lavender Fields. It was beautiful, the fields looked stunning, the air smelt beautiful and everything was in full bloom. The gift shop was a bit naff though, I purchased some fresh & dried lavender but that was about it, there's a great choice of cheap tat if you want it though! It was charming to wander about the place and to see all the flowers though.






Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!