From Zero To Hero.
Well it's been an exciting week. Last weekend I worked, and was more than a little dissapointed that I had no plans for this weekend, but rather surprisingly, I have a semi long weekend with plenty to do. Result!
I finish work at 8am on friday, so a couple of hours sleep then I shall be meeting Rachel at the boat shop cafe, our most favourate haunt and injoke. Then a quick change and something nice done to my hair and I'm going round Kims with Sarah for drinks and a chat about the week's events. Then saturday daytime Atticus will be coming round. I love Atticus to bit's, he is my best friend Sarah's dog, and he is absolutly brilliant. I know it sounds strange, but he is a dog with a sense of humour! He is just so sweet and has a very cheeky grin about him. I'm looking after him (Although knowing my mum she will be all over him like a rash! My mum loves dogs, and I imagine the diggie treat jar will be empty when he leaves). Then saturday night Atticus is having a slumber party at Kim's with her dogs Alfie and Maisie, who are little westie's and absolutly gorgeous! I must work out how to upload pictures on here on day, because I have to show you how cool they all are. Once I have dropped Atticus off I have to rush home, get changed, make myself look presentable and take the pie I will hopefully have made round to James's. I am determined to prove that I have a fine palate, although so far the results have been mixed. (My ratatouille went down very well, the lasagne was alright, and I think my cheesey nachos were only eaten in the name of politeness) Maybe if I ply him with a copious amount of wine it may get a rave review. But anyway so I'm staying over saturday night, then picking up Atticus sunday morning and I think I shall take him to peatree green for a run about.
In between that I need to loose an inch of my bum to fit into some nice new undewear, tidy my room, and somehow get some writing done. I think I may need an extra day off to recover.
While I was dissapointed with no getting the section co position, I am going to get some feedback, because Im curious to find out what was thought of me. And I had a bit of a morale boost today when my manager Tracey and Roz told me I had come joint 3rd in the Per Una selling competition with Atlas, and that I had won a box of chocolate truffles. I'm pretty chuffed with third place, especially as I had three week's off as holiday during the competition. However, should Paula or Jose win the contest, I will not be impressed -_-
The other thing is I have a new favourate song. Jazz and Sritaki, by Thomai Apergi. It's (Like the title suggests's) a Greek feast of Jazz and Greek music. It's blimming catchy, and I have spent much time of late humming, singing and attempting to Greek dance. I even told Thekla (A Greek lady at work) and while she wasn't too impressed with my terrible prounciation of the Greek language, she was impressed that I was listning to it. That's the thing with most British people. If a song isn't in English, then they don't want to know. It could be the most greatest song of all time, and yet because it is called Horehronie for instance, it is completly and utterly ignored.
I read an interesting fact once that only six or seven song's had ever been number one in the United Kingdom completley in a foreign language. I shall attempt to list them, but this may take a while.
Gangnam style by psy
Je taim? By Serge Gainsburg and Jane Burkin
La bamaba by los locos?
I think one by Al Martino in the 50's?
I think I shall give up and google them later.
Maybe a better fact is that only one song named Number one has ever reached number one (Tinchy strider and Ndubz)
I am so bloody uncool it is unreal.
Anyway I shall update you with the actual number one's tomorrow if I remember.
Oh and I just want to say thankyou to everyone who read's my blog. I know my rambling's are senseless and don't really enrich your live's in any way, but it's nice to know that people really do read what I have to say. I logged in today to find that my blog had been viewed 800 times. Thankyou so much guy's, and I hope I can eventually reach a thousand!
Maybe then I should start charging you all :P
I finish work at 8am on friday, so a couple of hours sleep then I shall be meeting Rachel at the boat shop cafe, our most favourate haunt and injoke. Then a quick change and something nice done to my hair and I'm going round Kims with Sarah for drinks and a chat about the week's events. Then saturday daytime Atticus will be coming round. I love Atticus to bit's, he is my best friend Sarah's dog, and he is absolutly brilliant. I know it sounds strange, but he is a dog with a sense of humour! He is just so sweet and has a very cheeky grin about him. I'm looking after him (Although knowing my mum she will be all over him like a rash! My mum loves dogs, and I imagine the diggie treat jar will be empty when he leaves). Then saturday night Atticus is having a slumber party at Kim's with her dogs Alfie and Maisie, who are little westie's and absolutly gorgeous! I must work out how to upload pictures on here on day, because I have to show you how cool they all are. Once I have dropped Atticus off I have to rush home, get changed, make myself look presentable and take the pie I will hopefully have made round to James's. I am determined to prove that I have a fine palate, although so far the results have been mixed. (My ratatouille went down very well, the lasagne was alright, and I think my cheesey nachos were only eaten in the name of politeness) Maybe if I ply him with a copious amount of wine it may get a rave review. But anyway so I'm staying over saturday night, then picking up Atticus sunday morning and I think I shall take him to peatree green for a run about.
In between that I need to loose an inch of my bum to fit into some nice new undewear, tidy my room, and somehow get some writing done. I think I may need an extra day off to recover.
While I was dissapointed with no getting the section co position, I am going to get some feedback, because Im curious to find out what was thought of me. And I had a bit of a morale boost today when my manager Tracey and Roz told me I had come joint 3rd in the Per Una selling competition with Atlas, and that I had won a box of chocolate truffles. I'm pretty chuffed with third place, especially as I had three week's off as holiday during the competition. However, should Paula or Jose win the contest, I will not be impressed -_-
The other thing is I have a new favourate song. Jazz and Sritaki, by Thomai Apergi. It's (Like the title suggests's) a Greek feast of Jazz and Greek music. It's blimming catchy, and I have spent much time of late humming, singing and attempting to Greek dance. I even told Thekla (A Greek lady at work) and while she wasn't too impressed with my terrible prounciation of the Greek language, she was impressed that I was listning to it. That's the thing with most British people. If a song isn't in English, then they don't want to know. It could be the most greatest song of all time, and yet because it is called Horehronie for instance, it is completly and utterly ignored.
I read an interesting fact once that only six or seven song's had ever been number one in the United Kingdom completley in a foreign language. I shall attempt to list them, but this may take a while.
Gangnam style by psy
Je taim? By Serge Gainsburg and Jane Burkin
La bamaba by los locos?
I think one by Al Martino in the 50's?
I think I shall give up and google them later.
Maybe a better fact is that only one song named Number one has ever reached number one (Tinchy strider and Ndubz)
I am so bloody uncool it is unreal.
Anyway I shall update you with the actual number one's tomorrow if I remember.
Oh and I just want to say thankyou to everyone who read's my blog. I know my rambling's are senseless and don't really enrich your live's in any way, but it's nice to know that people really do read what I have to say. I logged in today to find that my blog had been viewed 800 times. Thankyou so much guy's, and I hope I can eventually reach a thousand!
Maybe then I should start charging you all :P
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!