Moving on up?
So I had my interview to start moving up the ladder at work yesterday. Basically a section co-ordinator is the step between salesfloor staff and a manager. The lady who used to be the section co for kidswear and customer services is stepping down due to health reason's, and six of us have gone for the job. I'm not holding out too much hope, because there is one applicant who has been put forward to become a manager and is almost certainly going to get it, But it's good because it has given me experience of what a formal interview will be like, especially since my last one was nearly four years ago.
It was really nerve racking, especially because each task I was given was designed to make you stress and to make silly little mistakes. I managed to correct a couple of the first part, which was creating a functional staffing sheet. That wasn't too bad, I have some experience of doing staffing boards, so I managed to do that well (I think). The second part was about what I would do when confronted with an employee who wasn't working as they should. I thought I was doing alright, until a large curveball was thrown at me. I managed to just about get round it, but it started to go downhill from there. The final part was a proper interview, and I tried to sell myself as best I could, but the words just didn't seem to be coming out quite right.
Overall I think it was okay, especially as it was my first interview. Hopefully it has prepared me for the next one.
Luckily it was my half day, so I went home, brought a cake and some pretzil's and pigged out while on the sims 3. Im in the process of building an Insula (Or insulae if I need more) For my inhabitant's of a small roman road to live in. I wish the Sim's 3 was a bit more adaptive. Like I would love to run a resteraunt or a hotel or a shop on there, but it lacks the ability to create one. Also I find it fustrating that I can only have a maximum of six sims. Something that I have managed to get around by pretending all the men are away in the army. I know you can do more with the pc version, but I don't enjoy playing it like that. I find that on my xbox, it's quite an immersive experience.
The other thing that has been on my mind has been Sam. He keep's really pushing the limit and I don't know why. Thursday night he sent me picture's of someone playing with the inside of thier anus. I was disgusted, and told him to stop. But he didn't, so I blocked him on whattsapp. I just don't understand it. He know's I can't do things like that, so I don't get why he would send me pictures of it. The final straw came when he rang me at half 12 that night. Bearing in mind I had to be up at half 5 for work and for my section co interview i was not impressed. He couldn't take the hint that I didn't want to talk. In the end, after asking me a hundred questions, I told him to shut up and I hung up the phone. He didn't ring back. He text me this morning just saying my name, and I've just replied saying yes? I have nothing I want to say to him. It's like he want's to upset me as much as he possibly can. And I can't figure it out. Especially as he said he wanted to put himself forward as a "Prospective partner", whatever the hell that means, but how on earth can I ever even be friends, let alone more, with anyone who dosn't even have the basic sense to respect me?
Speaking of partner's, there was a stroke of luck when Kim cancelled her couple's night for last weekend. I had mentioned it to James, and I could tell he really didn't want to go. He like's to eat and drink in nice place's and to go and do things properly. I like the haphazard and raucus excitement that evening's tend to cause.
I finished early on wednesday, so I texted him just asking if he wanted dinner tonight, and he said he couldn't, fair enough, But he never replied to my message and I get the feeling I'm not wanted at the moment.
Why are thing's never easy? I just want a formal thing of this is what we are. And I'm not going to get that. So I think really, It might be time to break away and search for someone new.
Speaking of new, Rachel has come back from China after teaching english there for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will see her tomorrow before my night shift, as I think we have a lot to catch up on!
It was really nerve racking, especially because each task I was given was designed to make you stress and to make silly little mistakes. I managed to correct a couple of the first part, which was creating a functional staffing sheet. That wasn't too bad, I have some experience of doing staffing boards, so I managed to do that well (I think). The second part was about what I would do when confronted with an employee who wasn't working as they should. I thought I was doing alright, until a large curveball was thrown at me. I managed to just about get round it, but it started to go downhill from there. The final part was a proper interview, and I tried to sell myself as best I could, but the words just didn't seem to be coming out quite right.
Overall I think it was okay, especially as it was my first interview. Hopefully it has prepared me for the next one.
Luckily it was my half day, so I went home, brought a cake and some pretzil's and pigged out while on the sims 3. Im in the process of building an Insula (Or insulae if I need more) For my inhabitant's of a small roman road to live in. I wish the Sim's 3 was a bit more adaptive. Like I would love to run a resteraunt or a hotel or a shop on there, but it lacks the ability to create one. Also I find it fustrating that I can only have a maximum of six sims. Something that I have managed to get around by pretending all the men are away in the army. I know you can do more with the pc version, but I don't enjoy playing it like that. I find that on my xbox, it's quite an immersive experience.
The other thing that has been on my mind has been Sam. He keep's really pushing the limit and I don't know why. Thursday night he sent me picture's of someone playing with the inside of thier anus. I was disgusted, and told him to stop. But he didn't, so I blocked him on whattsapp. I just don't understand it. He know's I can't do things like that, so I don't get why he would send me pictures of it. The final straw came when he rang me at half 12 that night. Bearing in mind I had to be up at half 5 for work and for my section co interview i was not impressed. He couldn't take the hint that I didn't want to talk. In the end, after asking me a hundred questions, I told him to shut up and I hung up the phone. He didn't ring back. He text me this morning just saying my name, and I've just replied saying yes? I have nothing I want to say to him. It's like he want's to upset me as much as he possibly can. And I can't figure it out. Especially as he said he wanted to put himself forward as a "Prospective partner", whatever the hell that means, but how on earth can I ever even be friends, let alone more, with anyone who dosn't even have the basic sense to respect me?
Speaking of partner's, there was a stroke of luck when Kim cancelled her couple's night for last weekend. I had mentioned it to James, and I could tell he really didn't want to go. He like's to eat and drink in nice place's and to go and do things properly. I like the haphazard and raucus excitement that evening's tend to cause.
I finished early on wednesday, so I texted him just asking if he wanted dinner tonight, and he said he couldn't, fair enough, But he never replied to my message and I get the feeling I'm not wanted at the moment.
Why are thing's never easy? I just want a formal thing of this is what we are. And I'm not going to get that. So I think really, It might be time to break away and search for someone new.
Speaking of new, Rachel has come back from China after teaching english there for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I will see her tomorrow before my night shift, as I think we have a lot to catch up on!
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!