Hello, and good afternoon. It has been a while.

So the past few weeks have been absolutly mental. We got back from holdiday after going to some amazing place's. Rome, Cartagena and Santiago De Compostela were my favourates. Rome in particular deserves a shout out. A sprawling metropolis of winding street's and crazy roads, it really was the most exciting place I have ever been. We walked past the colleseum (I think I spelt that right) The palatine hill, Trajan's mall, the Vatican. The Vatican caused a bit of a stir. Because it was a sunday, the pope was going to give a blessing to the crowd's below. Not surprisingly, I didn't fancy bursting into flames as he said amen, so I decided to do a bit of exploring myself. I walked along the banks of the mighty Tiber, explored Rome's tiny street's and wide avenue's. After nearly being killed by car's, buses, taxis, moped's, trams and of course, the dreaded cyclist, I treated myself to a little of Italy's famous cuisine (Pizza and stratiachelli ice cream YUM YUM YUM!!!)

While we cruised back (Something I found rather boring, so naturally I ended up stuffing myself stupid at the buffet), I managed to really have a think about what I want to achieve with the end of this year.
1) Learn to drive. Something that has been a niggling in the back of my mind of late. It means more freedom and may help me achieve goal number two.
2) Get a new job. As much as I have loved customer's sharing thier hate of the weather, the time has come for me to find something new. I'm not entirely sure what just yet, but Im hoping to get a bit of inspiration to help me on my way. A desk job is really not for me. I like to be up and about doing things. Someone at work suggested I would be well suited to work in a day care or a nursery, but I hate children, so I don't think that's going to happen.
3) Get fit. Once I stopped laughing after writing this, I realize it is an important point. I was fat before I went away, and certainly after eating 24 hours a day the most incredible meals, the dreaded pot belly has started to form. Ive started tackling it by walking to work, and snacking on fruit and things, I'm hoping that until I build up the confidence to go back to the gym again that I can at least make a start.
4) Finish another book. Im sure all writers and novelist's suffer from writers block, but it's starting to fustrate me. I have a couple of great stories, and a few more that are just on scraps of paper, some other's that I've started and lost the way with. It's so annoying not being able to just sit down and type a masterpiece. But that's life I guess.
5) Save money. When I finish work I need to sit down with mum and discuss what I'm going to do for my career break. I want to do some travelling, some writing, and some other bit's and bobs, and generally just take some time to myself. Learn more about me. I know it sounds like some terrible journey of life movie. But it's true. I need to find out what I want to do in this life, and taking some time away from work to really think thing's through could really help me.

To be honest, now I have written it all down it dosn't seem that important! They always say you should keep your goals both realistic and far away. I don't quite know how to do that so I guess this is my best attempt.

I think at the end of your day, happiness is a very subjective term. Sometimes I wake up and literally want to cry. I feel so down because I havn't managed to ever do anything I really want to, and that I haven't had nearly as much excitement as everyone else has. But there are other day's, when I wake up and I feel really grateful for everything I have. It's all swings and roundabouts. But as I prefer swings, I would much rather more of those...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino