Ljubljana Part 2

Now no trip to any city is complete without visiting the former old town. There's usually a castle, or some walls, or other various things to see there.
Ljubljana is the same, only thier castle blows all others out of the water without question. The castle is sat upon a hill, that's a strenuous, but not horrendous climb. (I only found out there was a funicular when I reached the ticket office!)
It gives some amazing views over both Ljubljana and Slovenia. And apparently on very clear days you can see over a third of Slovenia! It's that small! (or as the Slovenes probably think, the tower is that tall!)



There's some nice little cafes and restaurants in the courtyard, but the main attraction is the exhibition of puppetry. Those of a nervous disposition look away now!



Yes, even I am at a loss to explain what on earth that last one is about!

And to finish off a long hard day exploring, I tried my first ever taste of rabbit. The verdict? Meh. Not overly wowed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino