Alicante
Alicante was a bit of a no go. I'd arrived on a Monday, in which everything was closed. The tram system was only running part way, meaning you had to change back and forth onto busses to get anywhere, and the place just had a bit of a miserable feel about it. It was one of those places where you think to yourself, why did I come here? I'd quite enjoyed my first time in Alicante, which I'd done as part of a tour when I was on a family cruise, and it seemed like a nice place.
I'm probably being too fussy. Alicante is great if you're wanting sun, sea & sand, and long relaxing days on the beach, but thats not for me! Sometimes you visit a place, and you just don't gel with it. It happens to us all! You might visit Alicante and have an amazing time. It all comes down to personal preferences. Do lots of research before you go places, and it should help you build up and idea of what the place will be like.
My personal highlights were watching two pigeons fighting on a table, some creepy oversized mushrooms with faces and the beautiful doorway to what I think is the town hall.





Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!