May 2021 - Part One - Husky's new job & visiting Titchfield Abbey
May turned out to be a beautiful month weather wise, and when we weren't working, we were busy in the garden, there always seemed to be something else that needed doing, even when you thought you had done everything! The weeds were the worst bit, no matter how many times you plucked them out, they would return again tenfold.
I was fed up with husky living at home for free, so here he is on his first day before he went out to work and started to contribute to the household!
I think they may be my new favourite wine? It was absolutely sumptuous!
James also took me out for the day, and we paid a return visit to Titchfield Abbey. It's a wonderful place, always quiet, and free to visit. We took a picnic with us, but discovered that despite the sunshine, the ground was very boggy & muddy, which was strange because the weather had been good for us. Maybe they'd had a random downpour the day before.
A view through this little window into the old cloister
The beautiful tiles, partially submerged under the water. There is a fantastic selection of tiles still in situ there at Titchfield Abbey, they were well worth visiting.
The beautiful frontage, parts of which are the abbey, parts that were added later when it became a beautiful mansion home for someone after the dissolution. You'll note the dark clouds that slowly appeared through the day, they got darker and darker, until the heavens opened while we were heading home. I mean it was like a biblical amount of rain, I half expected me & James to be washed away at one point.
Covid rules were further relaxed in the UK during May, as we seemed to be making brilliant progress vaccinating everyone. It was reported that 00 million people had now received their first dose, and out of those, 22 million had gotten both vaccines. I had mine, and was unwell the next day, but that's better than having covid isn't it? News also broke that over a billion pounds had been spent so far in 2021 by the super rich on luxury yachts and boats to avoid restrictions. If only we were all that lucky! There was also further reporting that the wealth of UK billionaires increased by 21.7% during the year of covid. Little bit worrying really at how you can gain such wealth when the country is at a standstill, but there you go.
The sunshine was doing wonders for the garden and the plants, this was my cactus that I brought from work. Within a month, it was blooming with these gorgeous flowers!
Here's dedication for you. While we were driving home from somewhere, James decided to get out the car and feed the swans in the rain. I hate to say it, but I was happy to stay in the car and watch him feed them. I love feeding the ducks, but I prefer to do it when it's a bit drier!







Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!