Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik is one of those places which everyone has heard of. Unusually for Croatia, Dubrovnik is mostly style, with little substance.
When I say that, I can genuinely testify that Dubrovnik, especially the old town, is one of the most dazzling and beautiful cities I have every visited. The sun seems to shine through the city itself, and you cannot help but be wept up in its glory. However, there is actually very little to do in Dubrovnik. There's very few museums and places to go that tempted me, or that I could justify paying a rather large amount for. Dubrovnik truly is Croatia's most expensive city. It's geared towards day trippers who don't mind forking out, it's not designed for those on a limited budget or those who want a well there. But don't ever let that stop you from going. I cannot recommend it enough, even just a for a couple of hours. The sparkling water, the sun kissed stones, bleached rocks and perfectly placed decorations. This truly is the jewel of the Adriatiac.
Without a shadow of a doubt, The best thing to do in Dubrovnik is to walk the medieval walls. They are stunning and give the most incredible views out to see. Here's just a fraction of the many photos I took:






The other majorly interesting thing in Dubrovnik is the aquarium. Unlike most other aquariums, it shows you what actually lives in the waters around Dubrovnik, and keeps them in a natural environment as possible. For me, this was a breath of fresh air. It was so good to see what is native to Dubrovnik, and what actually calls it home.



To finish, a final picture, which pretty much sums up the beauty of Dubrovnik.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino