Napoli

Hello.
This post is all about Napoli (Naples). I'll do a separate post for pompeii and Herculaneum later on.
Napoli is a crazy city, more crazy than Rome or Florence by far. It runs on its own time, it's own speed, and perhaps most importantly, it's own ideas! It's a direct, sleazy city, rough as you like. But that made it kind of charming in its own way.
I gotta say, Napoli had the best food in Italy, the classical bruscetta was awesome, and I had an omelette pizza that absolutly rocked. (yes you read that right, an omelette pizza!)

However, for me, Napoli didn't have many stand out attractions, it was a good city to wonder around in, but not much to head for. Unfortunately the archeology museum was closed the day that I was free (as I had been to pompeii and Herculaneum the other days) which was a shame. Other than that, the main site was one of the castle on the harbour. An impressive Fort, It certainly made a statement with its huge entrance way, plus it had an interesting little art gallery inside as well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino