Ferrara
I only initially went to Ferrara as a day trip from Bologna becuase I needed a new car, and It seemed a good a place as any to get one.
Just teasing, I actually went, becuase there is a brilliant castle in the centre of Ferrara, and the city has a rather interesting story of its own. Once a large powerful entity in its own right, it was gradually beaten back until now. Ferrara has a charm that threatens to overtake Bologna's!
The castle is a fantastic little building, from climbing through jail cells, to climbing the tower, or even stood on the terrace surrounded by orange trees. It's a great castle to spend the day, and plus there was a really awesome little market in the town centre as well. I'm starting to like these random little pop up markets!
The other high point of Ferrara is the campanile. I think it's the most beautiful one I've seen yet! Apparently it's currently under restoration, but it should be open soon!
Just teasing, I actually went, becuase there is a brilliant castle in the centre of Ferrara, and the city has a rather interesting story of its own. Once a large powerful entity in its own right, it was gradually beaten back until now. Ferrara has a charm that threatens to overtake Bologna's!
The castle is a fantastic little building, from climbing through jail cells, to climbing the tower, or even stood on the terrace surrounded by orange trees. It's a great castle to spend the day, and plus there was a really awesome little market in the town centre as well. I'm starting to like these random little pop up markets!
The other high point of Ferrara is the campanile. I think it's the most beautiful one I've seen yet! Apparently it's currently under restoration, but it should be open soon!








Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!