Rome part 3

This post is all about the Roman national museum. It has four sites, two near termini train station, the others the opposite sit of Rome near the Tiber. The museum is good, because all 4 are accessed with just one ticket, which gives you several days to see all they have to offer. Belive me, it's worth it!
The first of the four I visited was Diocletians Baths. A huge complex of roman baths, some of the chambers still faulty standing with routes and walls! It contains a museum, with lots of sculptures and other roman finds, a beautiful little courtyard also filled with sculpture and marble fragments, as well as as gardens around it. A church occupies part of the baths complex as well. Now these baths are huge, you can see them in the distance and they really do make themselves known.






Next up is Palazzo Massimo. Now this is the one everyone talks about. The first floors so you artefacts and other things of interest. However, it's the top floors that really stand out. The ruins of a roman villa found while excavations for the building of the tiber embankments, and perhaps most amazingly enough, they managed to save whole mosaics and frescos, and they are on display here. No one should visit Rome without seeing this. Here's some pictures:






Im going to finish this post tomorrow. I do apologise, but I've had a very busy day to Mostar today and I'm falling asleep as I type! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino