The next part of the journey
So you can imagine, leaving Italy after spending nearly a month there was quite heartbreaking, especially as I had fallen in love with the country! But I was now on my way to Croatia!
Im going to start with a confession. I hate RORO ferries. (Roll on, roll off). The reason being, when I was very young, probably around 7 or 8, I stayed up late and watched one of those seconds from disaster type shows. This particular episode featured the MV Estonia. Some of you might remember, it was a ferry ship that operated in the Baltic sea. She sunk becuase of faults with the bow doors, used to let cars on and off, which let water into the car deck, dooming the vessel and a great many passengers into the freezing Baltic sea. I know full well that the events that night would never reoccur, especially on a small ferry heading across the calm Adriatic sea, but it played on my mind and made me feel nervous. Coupled with the fact that I was just a deck passenger and had to sleep wherever I could find a space, meant that I slept very little, possibly an hour or so.
I was literally the first person to get off the ferry and I practically ran down the car deck to get back onto solid ground!
The other thing I just wanted to mention is pictures and my new phone. From Ravenna and San Marino, I started to use the new phone James had got me more. It had a much better camera, and could take pictures 10 times better than my other phone could. However, there's a hitch. For some reason, blogger and the new phone (A wileyfox) do not like each other. I cannot upload photos from the new phone to blogger, I instead have to send the pictures from my new phone, to my old phone to then upload them to blogger. And if that's not bad enough, blogger takes a long time to upload the photos, so sometimes I'm literally sat down watching the little bar not move while I try to upload the picture. That and having to scroll through masses of options, folders, then selecting the pictures takes a fair amount of time. I'm not making excuses, but it does mean that sometimes a small post which would take me 5 minutes on the computer at home, takes me over an hour on a smart phone, particularly if the predictive text isn't playing ball!
I hope to be able to catch up with myself a bit more, I'm currently in Lake Bled in Slovenia, so the blog is a good two weeks behind where I actually am! Hopefully I will be able to catch myself up, and also to share some much better photos with you all!
Thanks for your time and patience, it's a work in progress but I'm getting there! :)
Im going to start with a confession. I hate RORO ferries. (Roll on, roll off). The reason being, when I was very young, probably around 7 or 8, I stayed up late and watched one of those seconds from disaster type shows. This particular episode featured the MV Estonia. Some of you might remember, it was a ferry ship that operated in the Baltic sea. She sunk becuase of faults with the bow doors, used to let cars on and off, which let water into the car deck, dooming the vessel and a great many passengers into the freezing Baltic sea. I know full well that the events that night would never reoccur, especially on a small ferry heading across the calm Adriatic sea, but it played on my mind and made me feel nervous. Coupled with the fact that I was just a deck passenger and had to sleep wherever I could find a space, meant that I slept very little, possibly an hour or so.
I was literally the first person to get off the ferry and I practically ran down the car deck to get back onto solid ground!
The other thing I just wanted to mention is pictures and my new phone. From Ravenna and San Marino, I started to use the new phone James had got me more. It had a much better camera, and could take pictures 10 times better than my other phone could. However, there's a hitch. For some reason, blogger and the new phone (A wileyfox) do not like each other. I cannot upload photos from the new phone to blogger, I instead have to send the pictures from my new phone, to my old phone to then upload them to blogger. And if that's not bad enough, blogger takes a long time to upload the photos, so sometimes I'm literally sat down watching the little bar not move while I try to upload the picture. That and having to scroll through masses of options, folders, then selecting the pictures takes a fair amount of time. I'm not making excuses, but it does mean that sometimes a small post which would take me 5 minutes on the computer at home, takes me over an hour on a smart phone, particularly if the predictive text isn't playing ball!
I hope to be able to catch up with myself a bit more, I'm currently in Lake Bled in Slovenia, so the blog is a good two weeks behind where I actually am! Hopefully I will be able to catch myself up, and also to share some much better photos with you all!
Thanks for your time and patience, it's a work in progress but I'm getting there! :)
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi there! Use this comments box to leave any feedback you may have. Many thanks!