James's birthday

January bought James's birthday. It's a strange concept, you know someone so well, yet you struggle to think of what they would want for occasions such as birthdays. In the end, I decided to treat him to something he'd not done before. I paid for us to go on the London eye, along with a champagne experience. I think he enjoyed it. I couldn't really tell, I was too busy holding onto the hand rail with all my might as the bloody wheel spun at ninety miles an hour through the air. Thank god I'd had a couple of drinks in the bar already because sober Lewis does not like things like that. Still, as dusk and the nighttime arrived, both the wheel and London lit up, and we were greeted by a sea of colour and twinkling lights.








 It was beautiful, but I was glad to get off back onto solid ground. I said I'd treat James to dinner, and took him to a Georgian restaurant for dinner, considering how I'd been bleating on about how amazing Georgian food was. We had a Khachapuri to start, followed by dumplings (khinkali) and a roasted chicken to share. I even tried to teach him the way to eat them, but all I did was spray the juices inside across the table and my lap. But it's always worth a try!

It brought back memories of the amazing food I had in Georgia, and it makes me want to return and spend more time in the wonderful country. Maybe next year I will return!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino