More exploring- Racton Ruin.

I make sure that on my weekend off, me and James go somewhere or do something together. As anyone who works full time knows, it can be hard to fit the time in to do things together sometimes. Especially when I'm on night shifts, which means I miss him in the morning as he's gone by the time I get home, and in the evenings where I usually see him for an hour while getting ready for work, it means time together is hard to find. We had the weekend off, so we went out to do a little exploring.

We had driven past the Racton ruin (also called the Racton Monument) before, so this time we purposely headed towards it. It is supposedly haunted, but while we were there nothing happened, but we had a good look about in this beautiful building. It's currently ruined, the stairs and floors having collapsed along time ago, along with the roof. But it has an eerie beauty to it.



It's worth a look around, but please don't be a prat and leave your rubbish there. The place is littered with broken booze bottles and trash, which makes it look unsightly and detracts from the building itself.

From there, we headed to Fishbourne, which has a large excavated Roman villa. While it's not as good as some of the stuff abroad, it's probably the most complete and intricate set of mosaic's found here in the UK.



Pretty funky eh??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino