March 2018

Okay, so here's March in a nut shell.
Snow.
Tonnes of it. The country was blanketed in a thick layer of snow, from the so called beast from the east, and most English people complained that this was the worst thing the east has given to us since communism. All I could say was that since the east has given us so many good things over the years (pierogi, skoda's, Getter Jaani and vodka) but no one would listen to me. Especially as most people didn't actually know exactly how far east and exactly where east this had all come from. But I digress.
It caused havoc. Everywhere had to shut, deliveries at work turned up massively late. At least they turned up, half my colleauges didn't, even though some of them lived closer than me. And I live a 15 minute walk away. But that aside, the snow was pretty before it froze and became dangerous. The conservatory was coated in it, and we were a little worried that the extra weight may damage it, or worse, cause it to collapse, but it seemed okay once the snow melted.



                                                       Spicy beef curry I made
 Night out with my friend Simon include theological discussions, updates on the dodgy guy who lives in the basement flat below us, and drunken battlships which I win. (But I loose at all the other game instead)
 In between bouts of snow, James took me to Longdown activity farm, to see the animals and engage in a little animal feeding. In the freezing cold, the little baby piglets huddelled together under the light for warmth. They were really rather sweet. Most of the animals were inside because of the snow, but they still seemed happy enough, and one of the cow's took a liking to James.


And this was a rather offensive fridge magnet, brought from the farm that James gave to me. He said it summed me and my family up! He was half right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been so long...

Siena

San Marino